Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Augustine summer wine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Augustine summer wine Page: <<   < prev  75 76 [77] 78 79   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/11/2013 9:28:57 PM   
GreyJoy

Hi Guys.
August 3, 1943

The US CVs remained close to Onnekotan Java, while my CVs safely retired well north of Ponape. No air action today...luckly.

So we've lost 200 planes and 150 pilots, but, at the end of of the operation, we can say that we inflicted quite a decent blow to the enemy.
I've lost Torokina and the strategical battle for the Solomons, along with Musashi and 4 DDs, but the allies lost 5 big CAs, 1 modern british CL, some 4 DDs, 3 or 4 CVEs, 2 APAs, 1 AKAs and several other landing ships (with 4500 men aboard of them).

This won't change the war, obviously, but at least it gives me a pretty morale boost in order to keep on fighting in these harsh months of war, when the allied power is becoming a steamroller

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2281
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/11/2013 10:15:30 PM   
Chickenboy

Goin' well, GreyJoy.

Where are your H6KL and H8KL transport aircraft? How about your other transport aircraft? I assume they're busy getting your cutoff bastions evacuated to rebuild behind the lines?

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2282
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/11/2013 10:29:42 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Goin' well, GreyJoy.

Where are your H6KL and H8KL transport aircraft? How about your other transport aircraft? I assume they're busy getting your cutoff bastions evacuated to rebuild behind the lines?

All of them, yes. Unfortunately i only have 2x27 H6KL and H8KL groups right now, plus a chutai of 6 H8KLs.
I've already evacuated most of the units Lunga, Munda, Woodlark, Mylne.
Cannot use the Topsy because i all those places have the AFs shut down... so i'm using them to resupply front line troops in Burma...all those guys holding the line in the jungle.

I'm pretty happy to announce that i've been able to to rebuild the 56th Division at Biak (that division was holding PM since march 1942). Biak area is growing stronger every day... That place won't fall easily!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2283
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/11/2013 11:24:19 PM   
GreyJoy

Ok, strategically i think i've come up with a plan...well, sort of.

I need a shorter perimeter to defend.

Rabaul will be undefendable within the next weeks. I don't wanna get caught there with my pants down. Ponape is now secured and so seems Kusiae, but once Rabaul is gone, Kusiae loses its importance.
The Mariannas are getting stronger every week. Now i have the equivalent of 2 and half divisions there. More are due to come.
I'll try to move out of Rabaul the big naval base forces and most of the best AA units. Will leave behind the SNLF units... which, by 1943, are more or less useless. Ill try to save as much as possible of the 21st Division. Will obviously try to slow him down as much as possible.
More units will be sent to NG, around Hollandia. Wanna secure that zone ASAP. I know i cannot save too many units. Most of them will have to be left behind rotting... but i can try to save the best ones of them and create a huge defensive line that runs from Wake-Eniwetok-Ponape-Truk-Mariannas-Yep-Pelieu-Hollandia and Biak. As long as i keep my KB intact and strong, any deep invasion of these planes should prove extremely difficult for him

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2284
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/12/2013 5:19:28 AM   
BBfanboy

Isn't Kusaie Island close enough to be used as a bomber base to suppress Ponape?
Might be worth some resistance there?

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2285
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/12/2013 12:15:09 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Isn't Kusaie Island close enough to be used as a bomber base to suppress Ponape?
Might be worth some resistance there?

Yes, i have 150 AVs, behind 5 forts there. Planning to get up to 250 soon. But i won't invest too much there. No elite units for sure.

August, 4 1943

My CVs replenished and are back to Truk. There's a fuel crisis in the southern seas however. Sending some more 60k in these days, but the last 10 days of battle have drained my stocks too much....and the Americans aren't waiting!
Brad is really pushing hard here. Several APA TFs, BB TFs, DD TFs and the CVs are moving towards Rabaul...Gosh...i had hoped to slow him down... but it seems nothing can stop him!!!
I think he's also ready to make a move in eastern PGN... several recon missions up on the coast...and so many ships arriving from Australia...
Think my CVs will need to sail south soon....

No time to breath... no time to recover... Brad's strategy is really a smart one

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 2286
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 1:35:37 PM   
GreyJoy

August 5-6 1943

Well, the allies are really unstoppable.
Another invasion...this time ONLY 3 hexes south of Rabaul...Green Island!

My CVs couldn't get there in time... not this time... i only had the Yamashiro group close....i decided to send it to intercept the enemy at night... the allied shippings were coming up following a route east of Bouganville.
So i ordered the Yamashiro to move using a costal route, passing by Feni Island, Green Island, Buka and then 1 hex of ocean east of Buka... MISTAKE!
For some strange reasons the Yamashiro missed the whole enemy TF at night... a strong allied amphib TF easily landed one tank and one infantry regiments at night...without a single problem... my BB missed it all... but, during the morning, coming back to Rabaul at full speed, intercepted the enemy TF at Green Island... ... and we managed to get a clear shot to the APAs...in daylight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack near Green Island at 108,127

Japanese Ships
SS RO-100, hits 15, heavy damage

Allied Ships
APD Kane
APA Wharton
AKA Arcturus
AKA Alhena
SC PC-776
SC PC-599

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-Invasion action off Green Island (108,127)

16 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Allied Ships
SC PC-776
SC PC-599
APA Warren

Japanese ground losses:
26 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Day Time Surface Combat, near Green Island at 108,127, Range 29,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Yamashiro
CL Oyodo
CL Sendai, Shell hits 1
DD Akebono
DD Kisaragi
DD Kosugiri
DD Myojinami
DD Tadeyame
CL Ninaru

Allied Ships
APD Little, Shell hits 4, and is sunk
APD Kane, Shell hits 18, and is sunk
APA Wharton, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
APA William P. Biddle, Shell hits 22, and is sunk
APA Henderson, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
APA Warren, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
AKA Betelgeuse, Shell hits 18, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
AKA Alhena, Shell hits 24, and is sunk
AKA Virgo, Shell hits 20, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
AKA Arcturus, Shell hits 22, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
SC PC-599, Shell hits 2, and is sunk
SC PC-776, Shell hits 4, and is sunk

Japanese Ships Reported to be Approaching!
Allied TF begins to get underway
Maximum visibility in Clear Conditions: 30,000 yards
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 29,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 29,000 yards

The allies didn't send in any cover...CRAZY!

Our BB TF managed to get back to Rabaul safely...

Then our bombers decided to impale themself against an enemy's DDTF west of Buka....

Morning Air attack on TF, near Buka at 108,128

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 78 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 23 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 20
N1K1-J George x 22
P1Y1 Frances x 40

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 8
F6F-3 Hellcat x 72

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 12 destroyed
N1K1-J George: 11 destroyed
P1Y1 Frances: 17 destroyed, 7 damaged
P1Y1 Frances: 1 destroyed by flak

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
DD McCalla
DD Ellet
DD Lardner
DD Woodworth

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Buka at 108,128

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid detected at 75 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 22 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M3a Zero x 2
P1Y1 Frances x 38
Ki-43-IIa Oscar x 24

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 8
F6F-3 Hellcat x 66

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M3a Zero: 1 destroyed
P1Y1 Frances: 5 destroyed, 4 damaged
Ki-43-IIa Oscar: 11 destroyed

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
DD McCalla
DD Lardner
DD Woodworth, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk

Many raids like this one...and we've lost 200 more planes...OUCH!

Ground combat at Green Island (108,127)

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 3891 troops, 45 guns, 103 vehicles, Assault Value = 157

Defending force 1636 troops, 10 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 50

Allied adjusted assault: 96

Japanese adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 96 to 1 (fort level 0)

Allied forces CAPTURE Green Island !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender:
Attacker: shock(+), fatigue(-)

Japanese ground losses:
1571 casualties reported
Squads: 59 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 61 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 9 (9 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Allied ground losses:
309 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 29 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 4 disabled

Assaulting units:
58th (Sep) Infantry Regiment
762nd Tank Battalion

Defending units:
64th Naval Guard Unit

Then the allies easily conquered Green Island.... isolating so everything south of Rabaul...
Then the 2nd Aus division marched from Terapo to Wau.....we're losing the whole southern theatre in less than a couple of months...

The days of Rabaul are really over now....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2287
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 1:39:34 PM   
JocMeister

Oh, the APAs/AKAs is going to sting. He doesn´t receive many of those yet so everyone is precious. I think what you sank there is about a quarter of his assault shipping.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2288
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 1:39:57 PM   
GreyJoy

So in the last month we've sunk 7 APAs and 5 AKAs...not bad indeed... but we've lost more than 1000 planes in the last 10 days...along with 500 pilots... WAY TOO much!!! i cannot handle these losses...absolutely not...my reserves are really suffering... i'm short of modern planes, not to talk about trained Navy pilots....

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2289
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 1:47:15 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Oh, the APAs/AKAs is going to sting. He doesn´t receive many of those yet so everyone is precious. I think what you sank there is about a quarter of his assault shipping.

I think some more of them.

This is the list of the assaulting ships i've sunk so far

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 2290
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 1:51:10 PM   
GreyJoy

8 CVEs, 9 American CAs, 5 British CAs and 26 CLs can be added to this list

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2291
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 1:53:05 PM   
GreyJoy

For what concerns CVs, only the CV Enterprise has been sunk, with CV Wasp recently damaged south of Rabaul.
As far as i can tell, the allies now have 3 pre-war CVs, the Wasp and at least 2 Essex CVs... so they still have a mighty force

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2292
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:00:58 PM   
JocMeister

19 APAs! I think that is about all of them. That is seriously going to hamper his ability to "blitz invasions". I would be devastated if I lost that many. I would say its worth 1000 planes actually! At least in mid 43 but perhaps not in 44.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2293
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:37:51 PM   
Chickenboy

Wow! This, IMO, is not particularly solid Allied play. Sending in huge volumes of poorly constituted / rationalized naval forces 'just because they can' with no regards to losses? Not particularly inspiring. Allied players that win through sheer weight of numbers are unimpressive. IRL, this admiral would be shown another posting and rotated out of the Pacific. Greenland, anyone?

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 2294
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:40:27 PM   
ny59giants

That is a lot of assault shipping to overcome at this time in the game. I would expect Brad to shift over to more invasions by the "Barge Fleet." If you haven't been doing so, lots of pilot training in Straf and LowN to go after those guys.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 2295
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:49:49 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

Wow! This, IMO, is not particularly solid Allied play. Sending in huge volumes of poorly constituted / rationalized naval forces 'just because they can' with no regards to losses? Not particularly inspiring. Allied players that win through sheer weight of numbers are unimpressive. IRL, this admiral would be shown another posting and rotated out of the Pacific. Greenland, anyone?

Well, we all know we cannot compare the in game decisions with the RL ones, due to the absence of a political dimensional level in the game.
However, strategically, Brad is really doing a good work. He's always a step in front of me, having me always reacting to his moves and always arriving a bit late. I'm really doing the fireworker in this 1943... but he's way early in his offensive compared to RL. It's mid 1943 and he already has put a foothold in the DEI and has secured the whole PGN and the whole Solomons theatres... quite an achievement imho.

Barges Micheal? Well, i consider the whole New Britain Lost by now, so i won't invest too much in the defence here now. My goal is to save what i can and prepare my new perimeter. Without his APAs he won't be able to make any serious jump towards Ponape, Truk or the Mariannas...so he will be forced to go up towards the northern NG and in the DEI....which is a good thing

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2296
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:50:13 PM   
Cribtop

Agreed. Your only issue is his aggressive CAP trap tactics - that's where your plane losses are coming from. Consider drawing some elite NavT guys from TRACOM or KB and get a group of G3M3s up on night torpedo attack.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 2297
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:51:19 PM   
Panther Bait

Once he gets out of the immediate Solomons/Rabaul/NG area, it's definitely going to be tough getting to the next line of islands without new APA/AKAs.

Mike

When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 2298
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:53:38 PM   
Canoerebel

I can assure you Q-Ball is tearing his hair out. He's not even posting in his AAR. I can promise you if he'd sunk three IJN carriers over the past few days, he'd be posting. You've driven him to distraction, I think. He's good. He'll recover. But you're giving him a mighty game.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2299
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:57:00 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

Agreed. Your only issue is his aggressive CAP trap tactics - that's where your plane losses are coming from. Consider drawing some elite NavT guys from TRACOM or KB and get a group of G3M3s up on night torpedo attack.

We have both avoided the whole night-air attack thing so far. It's a kind of silent deal..none of us has never, ever, done a night attack so far in the game and i'm not gonna break this silent rule

Yes, his CAP Traps have been a real killer...but i can live with it. Brad very seldom uses it in an extensive way and never used crappy ships to do that, so i'm ok with it.

I'm grouping my training air groups in the Mariannas now and am planning to start sending to Mindanao some engineers to start building forts and AFs.

At least the battles in the Solomons, with his heavy losses in assault ships and cruisers, should slow him down, forcing him to take the longest and slowest route to advance towards the PI, which should give me enough time to reinforce my inner perimeter

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 2300
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:57:56 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Bait

Once he gets out of the immediate Solomons/Rabaul/NG area, it's definitely going to be tough getting to the next line of islands without new APA/AKAs.

Mike

That's what i hope and that is my strategy

(in reply to Panther Bait)
Post #: 2301
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 2:59:30 PM   
Cribtop

I'm aware that night attacks on airfields are generally considered problematic, but are there also issues with night torpedo attacks? IRL the Japanese used them quite often in this stage of the war as the Hellcat made daytime attacks futile. Just curious.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2302
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 3:02:48 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I can assure you Q-Ball is tearing his hair out. He's not even posting in his AAR. I can promise you if he'd sunk three IJN carriers over the past few days, he'd be posting. You've driven him to distraction, I think. He's good. He'll recover. But you're giving him a mighty game.

Well, the lost of the Mushashi and the extensive damages suffered by Mutsu, along with the planes losses, DO HURT, i can tell you.
My CVs are in a rough shape too. Too many turns at full speed and the recent long-distance battle against his CV/CVEs have seriously put a dent on the KB's strenght and quality. But it was needed, imho. He managed to concentrate, right under my eyes, a great force in the Solomons and in a couple of weeks he secured everything south of Rabaull....truly a blitzkrieg! So we needed those battles to slow him down a bit...and i think we managed to.
I'm now waiting for an extensive 4Es offensive campaign against the DEI from Darwin area and i'm trying to be ready for that moment.
The KB will remain at Truk for the moment, covering the retreat from Rabaul... then will be moved a bit west, ready to move back to the southern DEI

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2303
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 3:03:53 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

I'm aware that night attacks on airfields are generally considered problematic, but are there also issues with night torpedo attacks? IRL the Japanese used them quite often in this stage of the war as the Hellcat made daytime attacks futile. Just curious.

Don't know Crib.... i'm pretty scared to break the "night silent deal" to be honest.,...

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 2304
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 4:56:54 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
but he's way early in his offensive compared to RL. It's mid 1943 and he already has put a foothold in the DEI and has secured the whole PGN and the whole Solomons theatres... quite an achievement imho.

Meh. The Allies had much of the Solomons stitched up by mid-1943. So historical timeline there. Calling his tenuous grasp on an insignificant island north of Darwin a 'foothold in the DEI' is being unnecessarily charitable.

So, he's managed slightly greater than historical gains at exhorbitant prices. Why? Because he's in a rush. He thinks he can advance the historical timetable and is pushing too much offensive in 1943. He's paying the price for moving too fast on a shoestring. This isn't admirable Allied leadership, IMO. This is impatience manifest with a superior OOB. Call it Allied 'victory disease' if you wish, but I won't call it model leadership.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2305
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 5:13:47 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
but he's way early in his offensive compared to RL. It's mid 1943 and he already has put a foothold in the DEI and has secured the whole PGN and the whole Solomons theatres... quite an achievement imho.

Meh. The Allies had much of the Solomons stitched up by mid-1943. So historical timeline there. Calling his tenuous grasp on an insignificant island north of Darwin a 'foothold in the DEI' is being unnecessarily charitable.

So, he's managed slightly greater than historical gains at exhorbitant prices. Why? Because he's in a rush. He thinks he can advance the historical timetable and is pushing too much offensive in 1943. He's paying the price for moving too fast on a shoestring. This isn't admirable Allied leadership, IMO. This is impatience manifest with a superior OOB. Call it Allied 'victory disease' if you wish, but I won't call it model leadership.

I can agree with you on a certain degree. I think he's done very well in late 1942-early 1943, with his blitz operations in the Marshalls and in the lower Solomons and north of Darwin. He's done a good job there cause he always took me by surprise, moving fast and unbalancing my defences.
Probably yes, he rushed a bit too much in the Solomons and at Saumlaki. The cost in terms of APAs is really high but he hasn't lost any CV battle yet (a part from the one in jan 1943 where he lost only 1 CV) and all his divisions managed to get ashore cleanly everywhere he sent them.
Now he will have to face the real difficulties. From now on i think he'll have to take some heavy risks if he really wants to keep the historical timeline.
An atoll landing, for the next months, is out of the equation, imho. Without lots of APAs, he cannot hope to do it with the KB around.
So his choices may only be: PGN: 1) from Lae up north, using landing crafts, untill he reaches Hollandia; 2) an attempt to take saumlaki using all his CVs (risky); 3) a completely different thing, like a surprise landing south of Java...but he'll need all his CVs to do that...and i'll notice it!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2306
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 6:02:39 PM   
Chickenboy

I guess where I'm heading, GreyJoy, is that it's a bit of a double standard. Allied players feel as if they're pretty good players if they can avoid (nearly impossible) autovictory and bounce back. "Come out of the defensive and spring to the offensive = good Allied player".

In the meantime, little credit is given those Japanese players that mount a credible and flexible defense. Somehow dishing out sequential bloody noses to the Allies whilest maintaining a credible fleet in being and solid defensive bulwarks, falling back in an orderly manner to inflict deeper and deeper cuts to the Allied OOB and ability to wage war is underappreciated. "The Allies will always get more" seems to be the rallying cry for those Allied players that believe an attritional war is to be aspired to. Mediocrity in offense is hailed as a strategic victory. I don't buy it.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2307
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 7:25:29 PM   
Symon

Been watching you and Q-Ball playing this from the beginning. Have to say you guys are both impressive. You are doing things like they were meant to be done with. I like your strategic appreciation. I like how you plan. I like how you marshal your forces and use them in support of strategic objectives; using time and space, until it's "time". Love this AAR. Some of it reads like one of our Fleet Problems, or a short term CPX.

Especially like how ya'll put different things into perspective, both operationally and logistically. That stuff helps us, more than you know, to make things mo'bedda. You guys are good. And yeah, I said the same thing to Q-Ball.

JWE

Yippy Ki Yay

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 2308
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 7:43:48 PM   
JocMeister

About the night bombing stuff. My opponent have tried this pretty extensively both with FPs and TBs. I think he has yet to hit something. Erik can probably tell more.

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 2309
RE: Augustine summer wine - 4/13/2013 10:56:05 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon

Been watching you and Q-Ball playing this from the beginning. Have to say you guys are both impressive. You are doing things like they were meant to be done with. I like your strategic appreciation. I like how you plan. I like how you marshal your forces and use them in support of strategic objectives; using time and space, until it's "time". Love this AAR. Some of it reads like one of our Fleet Problems, or a short term CPX.

Especially like how ya'll put different things into perspective, both operationally and logistically. That stuff helps us, more than you know, to make things mo'bedda. You guys are good. And yeah, I said the same thing to Q-Ball.

JWE

Thanks JWE!
I think we're playing a fairly historical match. None of us has been exploiting any game feature, nor we haven't brought the code to those limits which can ruin a match.
DBB helped us a lot! The stacking limits are a great thing, imho, and the code changes made in the latest beta about the aviation support really made this game challenging but balanced!

Happy you're enjoying the trip with us

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 2310
Page:   <<   < prev  75 76 [77] 78 79   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Augustine summer wine Page: <<   < prev  75 76 [77] 78 79   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI