Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

accept replacements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> accept replacements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
accept replacements - 7/1/2012 12:17:53 PM   
obvert

Hello,

It seems I made a tremendous mistake at the start and didn't click off 'accept replacements.'

Is there any way to rectify this problem or can someone go in and change the code if I send a turn file?

My opponent is none too happy and I'd certainly like to continue the game with no adverse feeling or conditions based on this issue.

Let me know if i can send a turn file and where to do that if it's possible.

Thank you!

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Post #: 1
RE: accept replacements - 7/1/2012 12:32:07 PM   
michaelm

Just list all units and press "No replacements" on the lower line of the list

Michael

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2
RE: accept replacements - 7/1/2012 1:07:34 PM   
Historiker

The problem is, that new units come with "accept replacements" and empty the pool. So while I build a pool to change some frontline unit to a modern plane, some permanently restricted reinforcements empty the pool.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
RE: accept replacements - 7/1/2012 3:52:46 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

As this is something we'd agreed to have clicked the other way, and it adds to the amount of micro-management of the game on virtually every turn, is there anything else that can be done to change the setting?

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
RE: accept replacements - 7/1/2012 3:56:50 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

As this is something we'd agreed to have clicked the other way, and it adds to the amount of micro-management of the game on virtually every turn, is there anything else that can be done to change the setting?

it doesn't even help. I had set all to "no replacements" on turn two, after having my pools drained on turn 1 not realizing it was set on. The problem is, that new units arriving have "replacements on" and empty the pools before I can turn it off.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 5
RE: accept replacements - 7/1/2012 4:13:19 PM   
PaxMondo

That is always the case, and initial setting of replacements off won't change that as far as I understand. Once you change reaplcements to off and save, this won't change until you make the change in the units. You can then also choose to pool units in the info/device screen. This way you can pool units for specific unit upgrades.

Pax

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 6
RE: accept replacements - 7/1/2012 4:56:53 PM   
Historiker

No.
My airgroups always arrived with "replacements off", and arriving allied groups never took planes from the pool without being ordered.
Also, planes can't be set to "pool".

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 7
RE: accept replacements - 7/2/2012 6:24:41 PM   
obvert

Here is a save if it's feasible to change the setting.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8
RE: accept replacements - 7/3/2012 12:45:36 PM   
michaelm

Those settings are applied to ALL groups at scenario start, rather than as they arrive - the global setting is not persistent.

I would need a in-turn save to try anything

Michael

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 9
RE: accept replacements - 7/3/2012 2:55:08 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Those settings are applied to ALL groups at scenario start, rather than as they arrive - the global setting is not persistent.

I would need a in-turn save to try anything

AH - that explains it! Once Player 1 makes an error with those settings, it's a real pain because Player 2 (and Player 1 if he wanted it differently) have to vet each unit as it arrives. Here's an idea in the hope that it's practical and not much trouble.

There are currently displays for "all air units" (the "A" key) and "all ground units" (the "G" key). Air units arriving on ship are really not an issue in my experience, but there is the "N" key too ("all air units on ships"). Could those displays have a toggle added so they show either "active" (units in play) or "inactive" (units yet to arrive)? The player would then be able to, for example, call up the "all air units" display, switch to "inactive", and change the aircraft replacement setting for all units, the pilot replacement setting for all units, etc.

What do you think?

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 10
RE: accept replacements - 7/3/2012 3:28:31 PM   
obvert

Here is an in-turn save. Thanks.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 11
RE: accept replacements - 7/4/2012 2:21:58 PM   
michaelm

Sorry, I can't change the setting with the current (r9) program.

I may be able to do something for the next patch, though.

Michael

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 12
RE: accept replacements - 7/4/2012 4:13:59 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Sorry, I can't change the setting with the current (r9) program.

I may be able to do something for the next patch, though.

Oh that's what I meant. I was brain-storming a possible approach. (I know, I know: anything in my brain is a storm!)

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 13
RE: accept replacements - 7/4/2012 5:37:11 PM   
obvert

Thanks for trying Michael!!

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 14
RE: accept replacements - 7/4/2012 5:59:02 PM   
JocMeister

Its on in mine and Eriks game as well. It isn´t too much of a hassle once you learn to turn it off as soon as a new squadron arrives! Never had the problem of them sucking replacements before I had time to turn it off though?

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 15
RE: accept replacements - 7/4/2012 6:43:01 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Its on in mine and Eriks game as well. It isn´t too much of a hassle once you learn to turn it off as soon as a new squadron arrives! Never had the problem of them sucking replacements before I had time to turn it off though?

I apparently suck at game start-up! I really thought I'd got it right in both of these. Not sure what happened, but it surely wasn't intentional to screw up Allied air replacements.

Glad you're okay with it.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> accept replacements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI