Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

overload of the german HQ's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> overload of the german HQ's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
overload of the german HQ's - 6/30/2012 11:03:16 PM   
bigbaba

hi folks,

in my game against gids i was not able to take rostov as axis and so did not activate the additional AG`s.

now i am at the end of 42 and have simply not enough HQ for all the units. most of my HQ's are over their limit.

any ideas how i can reduce the penalties resulted from this fact?
Post #: 1
RE: overload of the german HQ's - 7/1/2012 12:00:46 AM   
heliodorus04

Do not let Korps get overloaded - that's the most important die roll in the chain, and the ones Germans are most likely to make.

I find that an overloaded Army can do okay. I'm a fan of 2-4 CP overload to an Army if the leader is good (to very good), and these divisions can be effectively used in support of subordinate HQ attacks. For example, attach 2 infantry to 18.Army that are free roaming (is that a 'striker' in football?). They make excellent aditions to any attacks by Corps HQs in 18.Army - they do much better in support (where the Corps will actually take the lead as the HQ supporting the combat) than they would if they were within 5 hexes of the HQ attacking by themselves.

Army Group B is not all that great, because it complicates your air assets a ****-ton. They do not transition as the subordinate armies do (to OKH, for free re-assignment).

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> overload of the german HQ's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI