Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Remake This Next Matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Remake This Next Matrix Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 3:24:43 AM   
flanyboy

Hey, Matrix please remake this classic! I know there are several Civil War games you've done but I really don't feel like any of them have the depth and sheer scale that this game has. This one just feels more realistic than what you have. I don't like the fact that most of the games on the site are pretty abstract, don't give real numbers of troops involved, and just in general feel more gamey. This game I like more because it has actual realistic army numbers, production of weapons, controlling increasing and ramping up production, realistic naval roles, and the vital aspect of blockade runners and cotton running. The interface is not great but overall I just wish something like this with a better UI would be made... so far none of Matrix's offerings are doing it for me on the civil war front.

Fort Sumter to Appomattox is a classic in my mind, from the early 90s that you basically are like the president of either the USA or CSA, it has realistic troop bounties, which I am not sure if I have seen before, realistic attrition on units outside of combat as well as combat, a massive pool of leaders, blockade running is vital for the CSA, a seemingly realistic production system and its simple enough so you don't have to fight huge battles but campaigns are important... etc.

Fort Sumter to Appomattox

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 6/30/2012 3:26:22 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 3:33:30 AM   
bairdlander

Just get Victoria 2,its $14 on GG.

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 3:45:11 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

Just get Victoria 2,its $14 on GG.

Victoria is nothing like this though. This is far more realistic, less gamey and as a remake has more potential as a Civil War Sim than Victoria does... imho of course.

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 3
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 3:48:33 AM   
Grim.Reaper

I would love to see this remade...I was shocked the files still existed and seems to run fine on my win7 machine.

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 4:27:27 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

I would love to see this remade...I was shocked the files still existed and seems to run fine on my win7 machine.

Yep, it works. I recently played a game. I would also like to see it remade. But I keep hoping for the ultimate...SPWAW!

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 5
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 5:28:17 AM   
Aurelian

http://www.thurb.com/games/acw/intro.htm

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 6
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 5:44:16 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Is that the same game?

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 7
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 11:44:18 AM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

quote:

Is that the same game?

Yes, I believe so.

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 8:19:38 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is that the same game?

Yes, I believe so.

It is.

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 9
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 6/30/2012 9:56:09 PM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

Yep, it works. I recently played a game. I would also like to see it remade. But I keep hoping for the ultimate...SPWAW!

+1. Though, I understood, that the Panzer Command Osfront series was in someways going to scratch that itch. Disappointed when it was not realized. And now the game is going into obscurity.
Spwaw remake seems to still be their best chance at success.

< Message edited by Zap -- 6/30/2012 9:57:11 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 10
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 7/1/2012 6:57:04 AM   
flanyboy

Hmmm... ACw doesn't work on my Win 7 machine. It works on my 7 year old XP Laptop though.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 11
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 7/1/2012 7:07:44 AM   
Gary Childress

what about a remake of JTCS? Right now Matrix has the original. What if JTCS got a face lift like Panzer Corps did to Panzer General? I think that would be great. Campaigns in Europe, North Africa, Russia and the Pacific. It's a great series but the graphics sometimes feel a bit archaic to me.

Favorites and/or other Great Games from Matrix :

1. War in the Pacific/ Admiral's Edition
2. Panzer Corps
3. Commander: Europe at War
4. John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 12
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 7/1/2012 9:37:16 AM   
apathetic lurker

quote:

Hey, Matrix please remake this classic! I know there are several Civil War games you've done but I really don't feel like any of them have the depth and sheer scale that this game has. This one just feels more realistic than what you have. I don't like the fact that most of the games on the site are pretty abstract, don't give real numbers of troops involved, and just in general feel more gamey. This game I like more because it has actual realistic army numbers, production of weapons, controlling increasing and ramping up production, realistic naval roles, and the vital aspect of blockade runners and cotton running. The interface is not great but overall I just wish something like this with a better UI would be made... so far none of Matrix's offerings are doing it for me on the civil war front.

Fort Sumter to Appomattox is a classic in my mind, from the early 90s that you basically are like the president of either the USA or CSA, it has realistic troop bounties, which I am not sure if I have seen before, realistic attrition on units outside of combat as well as combat, a massive pool of leaders, blockade running is vital for the CSA, a seemingly realistic production system and its simple enough so you don't have to fight huge battles but campaigns are important... etc.

Fort Sumter to Appomattox

From all the ACW games I own this might be the most fun and easiest to get into

My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 13
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 7/1/2012 11:36:23 AM   
J P Falcon

quote:

Hmmm... ACw doesn't work on my Win 7 machine. It works on my 7 year old XP Laptop though.

Just curious, did you try installing it using the run as administrator option, and did you select XP Service Pack 3 under the compatibility mode once you installed it?

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 14
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 7/1/2012 11:54:30 AM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

quote:

Just curious, did you try installing it using the run as administrator option, and did you select XP Service Pack 3 under the compatibility mode once you installed it?

When I installed mine, I simply downloaded the zip file from the site, extracted it, and ran it. No issues on Win 7-64 bit. However, trying with the compatability options and admin option is a good idea for anyone having issues. I really like the look of the map. Haven't had much time to figure out how to actually play the game again, but it is starting to bring back memories.

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 15
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 7/2/2012 3:39:35 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

quote:

No, I'll try to do that.

(in reply to J P Falcon)
Post #: 16
RE: Remake This Next Matrix - 7/3/2012 5:14:14 PM   
bean5671

guys what about this one
Sids C 64 Nato Commander i loved that game one of my first PC wargames ever

or I would love to see GDW's the third world war only if it has all the map sets

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Remake This Next Matrix Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI