Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

base support

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> base support Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
base support - 6/28/2012 11:35:37 PM   
jnpoint

Sorry if this is too simple:
How do I raise base support, if it is too low? I can't find anything about it in the manual.
Post #: 1
RE: base support - 6/29/2012 12:42:10 AM   
Alfred

You can't organically increase support other than by the following methods.

1. Bring in additional units which contain the required support.

2. Ensure that the units already in place with the necessary support type devices have all their support devices ready and not disabled.

Alfred

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 2
RE: base support - 6/29/2012 12:14:31 PM   
Itdepends

If in china- look for corps or headquarter units. Outside of there- these are still options but you will more commonly find units with "base force" in their description that contain extra suppport. Many units will be under strength at the start of the game and will need to draw additional support squads to fill out their TOE.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: base support - 6/29/2012 6:31:09 PM   
jnpoint

thanks - another question: Can I 'produce' an infantry unit? If yea, how? Or is it only possible to replace dead soldiers in an infantry unit?

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 4
RE: base support - 6/29/2012 6:48:25 PM   
rwolan@sbcglobal.net

As far as I know.......No you can't create new units. You produce "devices" to rebuild units that are in the OOB.

NicoDemon

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 5
RE: base support - 6/29/2012 7:35:13 PM   
jeffk3510

You can buy destroyed LCUs.

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to rwolan@sbcglobal.net)
Post #: 6
RE: base support - 6/29/2012 8:04:16 PM   
jnpoint

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

You can buy destroyed LCUs.

Is it not only for transport? or is a LCU a land unit? just asking because I do not know.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 7
RE: base support - 6/29/2012 9:24:29 PM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

LCU is a shortcut for land combat unit I think. Anyway he means land based units like regiments etc etc.

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 8
RE: base support - 6/29/2012 10:13:20 PM   
crsutton

Originally, you could not rebuild land combat units but one of the later patches changed it so that you can purchase the unit back from the destroyed list (very cheaply) and then rebuild it. I found the hard way that some nationalities just don't have enough squads and devices to rebuild units so buying a lot of them is a waste of time. For example Australian infantry units are generally not worth it as your squad replacement rate is so low and you are drawing from a low device pool serving too many nations. In fact late in the war, I find that I am disbanding Australian units that have no chance of leavin OZ to give me cannon fodder for the units that are fighting at the front. It is tough to rebuild all of the Indian Army units too. Basically as the Allies, I rebuild all base forces, engineers and tank units but not all the infantry and few Commonwealth AA or arty units. This is for the Allies, I don't know about Japan as that really depends on the state of the economy.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Gräfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> base support Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI