"Replacements off for Group reinforcements?"

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Historiker

"Replacements off for Group reinforcements?"

Post by Historiker »

The PBEM I started as Allies was set to "all groups accept replacements". This not only ment that my pools were empty in the beginning, it also seems that all my reinforcements arrive with "accept replacements".
I saved airframes to change an airgroup, just to find it empty this turn as four new squadrons had arrived as reinforcements and sucked the pool dry! [:@]

How can I prevent that?
How can I turn off replacements for all reinforcemtns of LCU and airgroups?
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
USSAmerica

RE: "Replacements off for Group reinforcements?"

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Historiker

The PBEM I started as Allies was set to "all groups accept replacements". This not only ment that my pools were empty in the beginning, it also seems that all my reinforcements arrive with "accept replacements".
I saved airframes to change an airgroup, just to find it empty this turn as four new squadrons had arrived as reinforcements and sucked the pool dry! [:@]

How can I prevent that?
How can I turn off replacements for all reinforcemtns of LCU and airgroups?

The only way I know of to prevent reinforcements from draining your pools is to watch the alerts in Tracker like a hawk, every turn, and turn them off the same turn the units arrive.

As for #2, I think your screwed, buddy. [:(]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
kevin_hx

Post by kevin_hx »

I can't remember it exactly. Maybe like this as follow.
You may turn reinforcement off in show all planes screen.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

For LCU's you can go to the replacement screen and set each device to hold. Everything will aggregate in pools until you change it.
Pax
Historiker

Post by Historiker »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

For LCU's you can go to the replacement screen and set each device to hold. Everything will aggregate in pools until you change it.
highly efficiant! [:@]

I just hope someone from the Techies will be able to change that in the gamefile. Being unable to build pools as allied player is a no-go!
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Historiker

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

highly efficiant! [:@]

I just hope someone from the Techies will be able to change that in the gamefile. Being unable to build pools as allied player is a no-go!

Replacements off for land and air groups is one of the settings I always triple check before getting started in a game. To me, it's worth restarting the first turn or 2 if it was messed up initially. After a few weeks of game play, I don't know if I would restart, but it will be a pain in the ass the entire game.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Return to “The War Room”