what matters more exp or morale

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Cavalry Corp

what matters more exp or morale

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Easy question. Basic I know butI am learning - I am usually in the Pacific.

I imagine morale will hold out longer and fight for longer but exp wins battles.

Does exp and morale always change for winning battles?

So getting the axis allies to sweep up easy units can get their morale and exp to a reasonable level.

cav
Seminole

RE: what matters more exp or morale

Post by Seminole »

I don't know that I'd break it down as to more or less important, but morale is a critical factor in the MP cost of moving into enemy territory, and how units handle retreats.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

OK that is then very important for attacking - and I suppose reserve units being commited or is that just a hex distance thing?
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Easy question. Basic I know butI am learning - I am usually in the Pacific.

I imagine morale will hold out longer and fight for longer but exp wins battles.

Does exp and morale always change for winning battles?

So getting the axis allies to sweep up easy units can get their morale and exp to a reasonable level.

cav

Well the answer isnt as easy. For combat for purposes ur CV is modified equally by exp and moral. So a 60 exp 70 moral would have 0.6*0.7 = 0.42 CV modified. If it had been opposite the math is the same so in that sense they are the same. So "I imagine morale will hold out longer and fight for longer but exp wins battles." doesnt per say hold true.

There is more to it tho. As Semiole says there are area's where moral have a direct impact as in movepoints it costs to enter enemy territory that exp doesnt matter in. Moral checks and so on.
Also exp cant rise above the current moral. So in that sense moral is more importand as high moral units can eventually train their exp up. The opposite isnt directly intertwined.
That said moral is much more prone to rises and falls through wins/losses and NM, refits and so on. U could for example have a late war german unit with high exp and with lower moral preforming well as the exp per above formular counts for as much combat wise as moral and exp doesnt fall as moral does. In effect keep up the efficency of the unit more so than the more fickle moral.

So generally speaking keeping moral high is better as exp will follow. In reality of the game there are situasion where u cant keep moral up, where if u then have high exp units that will help u significantly.

Ur axis allied idea is clever and in earlier version this was a much used "trick". It has been semi stopped in that its now fairly hard to go above NM even if u keep winning battles with those units. Doesnt mean its a bad idea, just dont expect that much can be done.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Thanks it does

Fair enough on the axis allied. Though I do think the Rumainians are a bit low. My understanding was the troops were ok but their equipmnt was c WW1 and very poor in AT. Is this a can of worms top discuss?
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Thanks it does

Fair enough on the axis allied. Though I do think the Rumainians are a bit low. My understanding was the troops were ok but their equipmnt was c WW1 and very poor in AT. Is this a can of worms top discuss?

Not that im aware of. The previous changes that lower the potential to rise the moral, forstered no discussion that im aware of. So it seems generally accepted. Stuff like this is ofc always up for debate and ppl will differ in opinion on how bad/good X are.

Kind regards,

Rasmus
stone10

Post by stone10 »

moral

Return to “The War Room”