Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT: Admiral T. Byrd?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> OT: Admiral T. Byrd? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT: Admiral T. Byrd? - 6/25/2012 1:25:12 AM   
Footslogger

Was there such a person? As I searched for more information about Admiral T. Byrd, I could not find anything about the man. Was he a WW2 Admiral? Help me out guys, this is getting wierd.
Post #: 1
RE: OT: Admiral T. Byrd? - 6/25/2012 5:24:39 AM   
kg_1007

The only Admiral Byrd to have served in the US Navy, did serve in WW2 as well, and was the explorer Richard Byrd, famous for Antarctic exploration. In WW2, he was recalled to active duty, conducted missions in the Pacific to survey islands for the building of airfields, and was on the USS Missouri when Japan signed surrender documents aboard her.

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 2
RE: OT: Admiral T. Byrd? - 6/26/2012 2:53:13 AM   
Footslogger

Well, here's what's weird. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2zBz2Nj0k0

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 3
RE: OT: Admiral T. Byrd? - 6/26/2012 3:32:02 AM   
kg_1007

Not that weird... magnetic equipment does not react in the same way at a magnetic pole as it would elsewhere. Even without the extreme of operation near the pole, pilots can attest to the fact that adjustments are necessary even in the medium latitudes. Also it is quite likely that there are indeed many unexplained things in our universe, and even on our planet.
Edit: as noted in the introduction to this video, this is the Admiral Byrd I was referring to, Admiral Richard Byrd.

Post #: 4
RE: OT: Admiral T. Byrd? - 6/26/2012 3:51:55 AM   
Footslogger

Here is a reading from his diary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZMu3gJfXIQ

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 5
RE: OT: Admiral T. Byrd? - 6/26/2012 4:15:07 AM   
kg_1007

With all due respect, there is no evidence that this "diary" came from Admiral Byrd. Most professionals, as well as his relatives, have said that it is not his words.
The story of the race there under the pole, is from nazi mythology however...I do not say this as someone necessarily attacking it, as my family served that nation, but merely to point out that there was some gain for some groups, in believing this..note even the race's name as "aryana"(aryan).
I do not discount anything, I believe anything COULD HAPPEN...but I do not believe this is the diary of the Admiral in question, in fact would stake quite a bit on that belief.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> OT: Admiral T. Byrd? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI