Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Huge announcements at battlefront

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Huge announcements at battlefront Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/22/2012 4:21:09 PM   
wodin

Just a heads up that a new CM set in Italy with version 2 of the game engine (which is chock full of new features) will be released in August, also to be released in the next year bedsides the MG module is Shock Force 2 set in the Ukraine and CM East front set in '44. More games are planned for 2013 aswell. All three games and one module have been in active development for a fair old while now and this ios the promised speed increase of releases.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/22/2012 5:38:07 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Just could never get into the newest CM. Played maybe 3 scenarios. Something to do with the tiny maps and the sterile, cartoony graphics. Way too bright. And that bocage is just downright terrible. IMO, Achtung Panzer has the best looking graphics although I wish there was way more control over the units like their is in CM. Love the strategic layer to APOS also.

mo reb

Edit to fix acronym

< Message edited by Missouri_Rebel -- 6/22/2012 6:26:23 PM >

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/22/2012 8:22:44 PM   
wodin

Lots of Mods out there that fix the graphics and the new engine has bump mapping etc. I too love APOS and the only reason I'd have played CMEF more is because of WEGO. Now with the engine changes then that has all chnaged. Also these new games wont be bocage!!! hurrah.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 3
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/22/2012 10:48:30 PM   
Lützow

I will pay attention to BF again once they remove the useless realtime-mode and re-introduce the interface from CM 1-3.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 1:19:51 PM   
Ron

Yes, no shortage of creative energy over there at all. Four new games/modules projected over the next year as well as upgrading the current Normandy game to the new engine. The ability to upgrade prior games to the future new engines is most welcome news.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 5
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 2:44:28 PM   
junk2drive

I hope they are able to release all of that on schedule. That was the original plan and then it took years to get past SF.

I'll bet that getting all the 3D models done is as bad as programming the games. Maybe they used the CMx1 models as a base and improved them.

I'm looking forward to the NATO vs WP game.

(in reply to Ron)
Post #: 6
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 3:25:46 PM   
BASB

Looks good, still no flame throwers.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 7
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 3:32:55 PM   
Titanwarrior89

True, but Ive noticed the leadership over there has a short fuse sometimes. They don't take criticism real well, especially concerning their elicense.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron

Yes, no shortage of creative energy over there at all. Four new games/modules projected over the next year as well as upgrading the current Normandy game to the new engine. The ability to upgrade prior games to the future new engines is most welcome news.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to Ron)
Post #: 8
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 3:53:41 PM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

True, but Ive noticed the leadership over there has a short fuse sometimes. They don't take criticism real well, especially concerning their elicense.
quote:

Maybe they actually have a long fuse - just it runs out with the same old tired and boring criticism over and over again, ad infinitum, endlessly trawling the same ground again a thousand times over into infinity .

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 9
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 3:55:13 PM   
junk2drive

They don't use elicense on the new products. They use their own activation system. I haven't seen a lot of complaints about it.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 10
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 3:56:17 PM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

I will pay attention to BF again once they remove the useless realtime-mode and re-introduce the interface from CM 1-3.

Why would they re- introduce an interface from a ten year old game ? That seems dumb. If you are tlking about the features of that interface one of the biggest is coming back. You may not like the realtime - others do - the game wasnt built just for one person and the old wego system is still there so why complain about something you obviously dont want to use ?

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 11
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 3:57:48 PM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

Looks good, still no flame throwers.

Yes - no fire is a big missing element - not just from flame throwers.

(in reply to BASB)
Post #: 12
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 5:09:24 PM   
Titanwarrior89

People have the right to complain over and over.....when their use to one way of doing business....then the business decides this is how we are going to do it.....so adjust people. Oh by the the way trust us! Yea right. New is not always better. But I am beating a dead horse....I voted with my money.....so you guys go ahead and Rent their games.

Note: I don't hate them or their games....their games are good....I just don't care for the rental system.
quote:

ORIGINAL: DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

quote:

Maybe they actually have a long fuse - just it runs out with the same old tired and boring criticism over and over again, ad infinitum, endlessly trawling the same ground again a thousand times over into infinity .

< Message edited by Titanwarrior89 -- 6/23/2012 5:25:53 PM >

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 13
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 6:25:27 PM   
Lützow

quote:

quote:

Why would they re- introduce an interface from a ten year old game ? That seems dumb. If you are tlking about the features of that interface one of the biggest is coming back. You may not like the realtime - others do - the game wasnt built just for one person and the old wego system is still there so why complain about something you obviously dont want to use ?

Because I want the right-click functionality back for issuing orders. That was way more intuitive than the current UI.

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 14
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/23/2012 6:53:16 PM   
PDiFolco

quote:

quote:

quote:

Because I want the right-click functionality back for issuing orders. That was way more intuitive than the current UI.

It takes some time to get used to "space" instead of r-click, but it's not that a big issue...And you also have the "direct" hotkeys that are mostly the same than CM1, and you can even change them if you want.
However I don't feel like the "new" engine has that much new features : some new orders, better 3d soldiers, that's it..

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 15
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/24/2012 4:15:50 PM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

quote:

Mainly because they took out the ability to play WEGO over TCP/IP and now you can only play it using the real time feature which a lot of players still hate. That's what I'm waiting for and a lot of my friends. I have no problem with them upgrading but to take out a core element of the older version that most everybody loved is pretty as you say "dumb" also.

Plus, don't be surprised if this "upgrade" doesn't come with a cost to those that already own CMBN. Milking the goat begins. They had no problems charging $5 to upgrade CMBB and CMAK.

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 16
RE: Huge announcements at battlefront - 6/24/2012 6:51:29 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

quote:

quote:

Plus, don't be surprised if this "upgrade" doesn't come with a cost to those that already own CMBN. Milking the goat begins. They had no problems charging $5 to upgrade CMBB and CMAK.

They have already stated that upgrades won't be free. Up to each person to decide if they want to remain current. I like the option since it is my choice if I want the latest. If not, I simply won't buy it.

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Huge announcements at battlefront Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI