Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cheats

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Cheats Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cheats - 6/22/2012 1:16:14 PM   
Rasputitsa

What is the purpose of the 'cheats' section of the reports screen, I am playing against the AI and found that cheats is showing PP additions and subtractions in 000s, although I haven't noticed big changes during the game.

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me
Post #: 1
RE: Cheats - 6/23/2012 3:41:46 AM   
Swedewolf

With F12 you can do adjustments for your country and others, so if you play multiplayer any adjustments/cheats done by other human can be shown here. Also a good place to do inter alliance lendlease. Example is when I play hotseat with human France, I as UK can deduct from my PP and increase France PP if we have a house rule for that.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 2
RE: Cheats - 6/23/2012 8:39:43 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swedewolf
With F12 you can do adjustments for your country and others, so if you play multiplayer any adjustments/cheats done by other human can be shown here. Also a good place to do inter alliance lendlease. Example is when I play hotseat with human France, I as UK can deduct from my PP and increase France PP if we have a house rule for that.

These are additions and reductions like e.g -1538 PPs (which which I have not initiated), I do use F12 when playing against the AI, but not at these levels.

At the start of the game I like to set up separate units to act as HQs to hold Army and Army Group commanders. This means building a number of additional low tech divisions, either INF Div for Army and Army Group command, or Mech Div for PZ Group command. When I have done these builds I re-adjust the PP level.

Another use of F12 is that it allows transfer of PPs from major to minor allies. Romanians and Bulgarians have limited Stat Move capability, but mostly they would be using German rail capacity, so transfer of PPs (e.g. deduct from Germany - add to Romania, buy Romanian Strat move points) can adjust for this.

I am seeing 'cheats' showing e.g. - 4771, then in the same turn + 4770, with variations on other PP changes (up and down), which I have not done. I have not noticed unexpected wild variations in PP levels during the game, but there are 57 reports in 33 turns, some will be mine (it records when you change country status from AI to human control and back. I usually do the strat move and maybe some housekeeping for minor allies, then let the AI finish the combat section of their turn), but there seems to be a lot going on in the background which isn't done by me.

In play against the AI, I find F12 very useful to adjust the game and implement house rules, but the 'cheats' reports are showing much more than an occasional use of F12.

Again I haven't noticed a problem in the game, just curious.

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 3
RE: Cheats - 6/23/2012 9:28:14 AM   
Swedewolf

Thanx for tips on more house rule, liked that. Im not checking in the cheat report much but that sounds weird, better see what doom think about it.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 4
RE: Cheats - 6/23/2012 10:30:27 AM   
doomtrader

The purpose of the cheat report is mostly to be sure that your PBEM opponent is not using F12 too often ;)

(in reply to Swedewolf)
Post #: 5
RE: Cheats - 6/23/2012 10:44:30 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

The purpose of the cheat report is mostly to be sure that your PBEM opponent is not using F12 too often ;)

Yes, I understand that, but was wondering why additions and subtractions are being recorded in 000s of PPs. I have installed updates and mods during this game, maybe the system is adjusting, as whatever is happening seems to balance out in on-screen data displays, the game is unaffected.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Cheats Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI