"Independents" reclaiming planets

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

scotten_usa

"Independents" reclaiming planets

Post by scotten_usa »

I think I'm playing 1.7.12 and this may have been changed. But in my current game, I've seen this interesting behavior:

Several independent planets have changed into new empires. And then something happens (a revolution?) and the 1-planet empire turns back into an independent planet. I believe the message says something like "Independent defeated the Boskara Guilds".

Also in this game, I was at war with the Sluken. I moved my troopships to one of his world, and noticed the planet has 6 troops: 3 from "Independent" fighting 3 Sluken Empire. I dropped ~ 40 of my troops. I expected to win this battle easily, but instead the Independents captured the planet and my armies became his!! I thought the empire with the largest army would take the world, but apparently this isn't the case when the Independents are part of the combat.
jpwrunyan

RE: "Independents" reclaiming planets

Post by jpwrunyan »

Was this preceeded by a government change or civil war event?
scotten_usa

Post by scotten_usa »

ORIGINAL: jpwrunyan

Was this preceeded by a government change or civil war event?

Not sure - this is another empire whose planet is 'revolting'? I restarted from a save game and this time, I waited for the 'revolution' to end. The Sluken player eventually won that combat, and I invaded and took over the planet.
Shadow Tiger

Post by Shadow Tiger »

That's not a bug, it's a feature! The brown coats have a way of turning people to their side. [:D]
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: Shadow Tiger
That's not a bug, it's a feature! The brown coats have a way of turning people to their side. [:D]

It is a feature... last time I heard that, a major application was choking all over itself... [;)][:D]
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”