Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

xAPc??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> xAPc?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 4:40:21 PM   
Buck Beach

Senior moment (having a lot more of these of late). What function does this ship perform?

I am trying to cram the small troop carrier General Royal T. Frank in to a class to set her up for the game. xAP just doesn't seem appropriate. Her Troop capacity seems to have been 50 or less.

Buck
Post #: 1
RE: xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 5:07:14 PM   
oldman45

Sounds more like a xAkl to me.

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 2
RE: xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 5:18:22 PM   
Don Bowen

Could go either way. I'd vote for xAPC simply because the army designated her a transport.

http://indicatorloops.com/usn_pequot_sisterships.htm#frank1

Can't seem to find her Mine Planter crew. Pequot had about 65. Crew reduced when converted to inter-island transport and passengers could be berthed in that space. All her mine and tackle storage area could go to cargo. She was carrying deck cargo when lost.

Be nice if some one could work up the artwork....

US Army Ships and Watercraft gives length of 165 feet, 622 grt.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 3
RE: xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 5:21:07 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

Sounds more like a xAkl to me.

For sure, but her principle function was inter-island (Hawaiian)transport. She was an Army ship and a former Mine Planter. A photo can be found at this link:

http://indicatorloops.com/usn_pequot_sisterships.htm

Thanks

Buck

Sorry for the repeat of the link. That's what I get for not reading all the replies and in order.

< Message edited by Buck Beach -- 6/20/2012 5:32:45 PM >

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 4
RE: xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 5:23:29 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Could go either way. I'd vote for xAPC simply because the army designated her a transport.

http://indicatorloops.com/usn_pequot_sisterships.htm#frank1

Can't seem to find her Mine Planter crew. Pequot had about 65. Crew reduced when converted to inter-island transport and passengers could be berthed in that space. All her mine and tackle storage area could go to cargo. She was carrying deck cargo when lost.

Be nice if some one could work up the artwork....

US Army Ships and Watercraft gives length of 165 feet, 622 grt.

Thanks Don and I hope one of those ART-type fellows take you up on the artwork.

Buck

< Message edited by Buck Beach -- 6/20/2012 5:25:13 PM >

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 5
RE: xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 6:07:06 PM   
Buck Beach

Don I found this for the USCG Pequot (originally sister of the Frank) that gives me something to use for the Speed and Endurance of the Frank.

https://www.google.com/search?q=USCG+Pequot&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Never been too good about creating fuel capacity through the back door. Sure that somewhere along the way JWE has explained it to me, but can you give me some assistance.

Buck

JWE you can jump right in here if you wish.

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 6
RE: xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 7:06:16 PM   
JWE

There were a bunch of US Army Mine Planters that we stuck in BigBabes, including Gen. Frank (ship 9468). It's one of the USAMP Bell class ACMs (class 816). They were all kinda much great big tuna boats (705 game tons, 3600 endurance, 180 fuel). They were collectively abstracted, but can't imagine any one of them being very far out of standard. And nobody was gonna change bunkerage just to let them haul some troops.

Don sparked these into existence, so I'm totally on board with his thoughts.

IIRC, ACM won't fit into any kind of transport TF, so perhaps a good solution (the one MacArthur used) might be to copy class 816 into slot 815, as an xAPc, and do a bind convert between the two with a 2 - 3 day delay? This way, you can have either muffins or cookies.

Ciao. John

< Message edited by JWE -- 6/20/2012 7:10:50 PM >

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 7
RE: xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 7:38:11 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

There were a bunch of US Army Mine Planters that we stuck in BigBabes, including Gen. Frank (ship 9468). It's one of the USAMP Bell class ACMs (class 816). They were all kinda much great big tuna boats (705 game tons, 3600 endurance, 180 fuel). They were collectively abstracted, but can't imagine any one of them being very far out of standard. And nobody was gonna change bunkerage just to let them haul some troops.

Don sparked these into existence, so I'm totally on board with his thoughts.

IIRC, ACM won't fit into any kind of transport TF, so perhaps a good solution (the one MacArthur used) might be to copy class 816 into slot 815, as an xAPc, and do a bind convert between the two with a 2 - 3 day delay? This way, you can have either muffins or cookies.

Ciao. John

Thanks for your input John. Since I don't play much (senior confusion is the culprit) the thing that gets me off (so to speak) is tinkering with the OOB for the ships, classes and bases.

Thanks again to you and Don

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 8
RE: xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 9:39:36 PM   
oldman45

Just to make sure I understand. Since buck had pointed out the ships troop cap was about 50, in the editor, would that be the number we use to set troop Cap?

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 9
RE: xAPc?? - 6/20/2012 11:37:44 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

Just to make sure I understand. Since buck had pointed out the ships troop cap was about 50, in the editor, would that be the number we use to set troop Cap?

I picked the troop cap arbitrarily. I grabbed a number loosely based upon the number of troops (with a few thrown in) she was carrying on its fateful trip with destiny.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 10
RE: xAPc?? - 6/21/2012 1:39:12 AM   
Don Bowen

Best I can do. Improved versions welcome!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 11
RE: xAPc?? - 6/21/2012 2:52:00 AM   
Buck Beach

quote:

Best I can do. Improved versions welcome!

Sure much better than I could do. Tweaks I see. Wheel house sets one deck down and aft Mast sets on structure on same level as wheel house, with that second above deck structure slightly forward and where the Mast is now

Not being critical Don you did a capital try and a damn good job.

Buck

PS I'm saving this one because it just may apply to another small simiilar vessel. I haven't compared but I'm thinking of the Cordova in Alaskan waters.

< Message edited by Buck Beach -- 6/21/2012 3:57:28 AM >

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 12
RE: xAPc?? - 6/21/2012 1:41:26 PM   
Don Bowen

OK, one more try...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 13
RE: xAPc?? - 6/21/2012 1:42:50 PM   
Don Bowen

And the bmp

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 14
RE: xAPc?? - 6/21/2012 2:57:10 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

OK, one more try...

OK, damn sure close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades as they say.

Buck

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 15
RE: xAPc?? - 6/21/2012 5:02:40 PM   
JWE

Holy Shimoly, Buck !! Wandered through the site you referenced and found the "complete" contract specs for Mills, Schofield, and Frank !! Everything !!

Ok, since any of Don's Babies have to be as perfect as they can possibly be, I'll crank through the contract specs and post up a set of game specs for both the USAMP and xAPc versions of this class. The Bell class looked very similar, but it was an improved 1919 version. Ya'll are quite correct, the art is not right. It was for the Army M-1 and Navy Chimo and not appropriate for either the Bell or the Frank.

Ciao. J

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 16
RE: xAPc?? - 6/23/2012 10:02:37 PM   
dwg

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Been thinking of doing similar with the HDMLs after finding out RAN used several of them to run troops into and out of Timor ( http://www.navy.gov.au/HMAS_ML_814 ), though considering RAN managed to squeeze 70-odd, and surfboats, onto 2 HDMLs, might want to make the ACMs carry a few more than 50!

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> xAPc?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI