Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Recon oh recon, where did you go?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Recon oh recon, where did you go? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recon oh recon, where did you go? - 6/20/2012 4:04:26 PM   
glvaca

To the WITE dev team:
In the latest installments of the game I've noticed a sharp decline in recon by moving troops next to enemy units but ONLY on the AXIS side.
After just having played 50+ turns as Sov. vs SJ80, I never had ANY problems getting a 10 intell on the enemy forces. It's not always correct mind, which begs the question, why even bother indicating it's perfect intelligence.

Now combined with the unbelioevable crap shoot combats have become, it doesn't take much of a stretch that the lack of recon is probably what causes these freaky combats which we did not have previously, when recon was still good.

To be clear, I don't mind a held here or there. I don't mind the losses. Or the delay. But I get so aggravated by the unrecoverable loss of morale on my infantry I'm getting seriously ennoyed enough to post about it. It took 16 turns but the game really got me this far.

I'm not a difficult person and I'm not suspecious by nature. But I do recognize UNADVERTIZED changes in the combat engine when I see them. This is getting rediculous again!!!

AAAAAARGHHH!

Helio, don't f***king think about it!
Post #: 1
RE: Recon oh recon, where did you go? - 6/21/2012 10:04:05 AM   
glvaca

Bump.

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 2
RE: Recon oh recon, where did you go? - 6/21/2012 11:53:25 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Same answer as in other thread...

There were no changes to WitE apart from those listed in ReadMe and updated manual addendum (although the bugfixes are not listed there - there are only in ReadMe to avoid clutter in addendum)!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to glvaca)
Post #: 3
RE: Recon oh recon, where did you go? - 6/22/2012 4:36:53 AM   
notenome

As Soviets I have found that I also get less recon, which to me is a good thing. Moving a brigade or cav division no longer gives me lvl 10 det, which is def a step forward in the right direction.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 4
RE: Recon oh recon, where did you go? - 6/22/2012 6:10:12 AM   
kg_1007

Lol..I would wonder about the incorrect "10" also..if it is not correct, then it should not be said to be correct, just leave it as 9. 10 should be, basically" we have inside information" anyway in the real world.

(in reply to notenome)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Recon oh recon, where did you go? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI