Mine

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
0311USMC

Mine

Post by 0311USMC »

Has anyone seen Infantry deploying mines..Or vehicle maimed or destroyed with one.

What would be be cool would be after deploy in initial order phase infantry
could place mine say withing 100 meter of position.

Also as grunt would carry 1 or 2 60 mike mike mortar rounds for company mortar Plt.
Would drop them off to mortars when setting in. Let's have all platoons be able to
give their mines to one platoon if they want...to set up dense minefield.

I think of these things when I stay up all night playing..so if they bad idea feel free to let me know... [8|]
While few men, legislators or otherwise,have felt down the years
that they could command ships of the line or marshal air armies
without specialized training, almost any fool has felt in his heart
he could command a regiment.

T.R.Fehrenbach
lavish

RE: Mine

Post by lavish »

There's no mines in the game. The pace is so fast that there's no time to set up minefields. Note that all operations happens within one or two days. However, I remember Andrey (one of devs) mentioning that their next standalone game Achtung Panzer: Nomonghan (also known as "battle of Khalkhin Gol") will probably have minefields and real fortifications - but those might be just static/historical.

About mortar ammunition:
Yes, mortars have more ammo than they can carry. So what you said that infantry would carry ammo for them is already taken into account. When you deploy your mortar team and start the game, some ammo boxes appear next to them. If you move your mortar too far away from these ammo boxes, their ammunition level drops low (they cant carry those boxes, only few rounds with them). If you move back into close proximity of those ammo boxes, ammunition level increases back to the level it was after deployment. So, carefully deploy your mortars to a good position so that you don't have to move them unless you really have to. [8D]
0311USMC

Post by 0311USMC »

Lavish
Thanks for all info in all your response to questions.

Was asking about mines because under ammo for infantry says
grenades and mines..but if no use no problem.

I got enough to worry about anyway [:)]
While few men, legislators or otherwise,have felt down the years
that they could command ships of the line or marshal air armies
without specialized training, almost any fool has felt in his heart
he could command a regiment.

T.R.Fehrenbach
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

There are mines in the Editor.

Also, Soviet engineers were able to lay a minefield in front of advancing Panzers very quickly and even under fire. At Kursk, mobile engineer detachments were used for this purpose.

There are also engineer squads in the game :)
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
lavish

Post by lavish »

It's difficult to say what those "mines" mean in the game. I haven't seen any mines as we know it so far. Maybe it's just translation thing and they mean some explosive charges / grenades [&:] Or maybe I'm wrong and units can actually throw mines under tanks or something... But as I mentioned, I haven't seen any real mines in any version of the game.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

In the editor when you select 'Mine' there's an icon that looks like a Mine on the map :)
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”