Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Entrenchment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Entrenchment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Entrenchment - 6/17/2012 7:35:28 PM   
whako

I have a few questions that have been bothering me.

#1 Why after I enter an inf unit into a tench, I hit the little house button for enter, the next turn I have to re-enter that same trench when I haven't moved?

#2 What is the meaning of the circle with a line through the center when I scroll over a trench?

#3 Can I receive a +2 defence mod for an inf unit in a heavy woods hex that unit enters a trench in the same hex for another +2 def mod, then if I have enough AP's, entrench my unit in the same turn and receive an additional +1 mod to bring my def mod up to 5? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

< Message edited by whako -- 6/17/2012 7:39:47 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Entrenchment - 6/17/2012 7:39:55 PM   
ericbabe

You shouldn't have to re-enter a trench on subsequent turns, unless perhaps you moved after entering. I'll see whether I can reproduce this.

The symbol means that wheeled vehicles cannot enter the hex.

If there is a trench in heavy woods, then I think you can do what you describe. I can't recall any trenches located in heavy wood hexes off-hand.

< Message edited by ericbabe -- 6/17/2012 7:41:46 PM >

(in reply to whako)
Post #: 2
RE: Entrenchment - 6/17/2012 8:15:04 PM   
whako

Ok Eric I think I reproduced it.
It happens when I don't exit out of the game to desktop before starting another game. I played the map "Counter stoke". When you choose your units make sure you choose Pioneers units. Place those Pioneer units in a trench during setup, then further entrench them using 7 AP's. Come next turn you will have to re-enter the trench again.
Update: I stand corrected, I can reproduce it regularly with or without exiting to desktop. The Pioneer units are now taking an AP point away from me and not entrenching themselves. I enter the trench for the second time in one turn and the game will subtract an additional 1 AP. Then my trench modifier bonus of +2 is taken away from me. Again all of this is a result of my units not moving at all in that turn, I'm just using my AP's to defend in the same hex.
Cheers hope that helps

< Message edited by whako -- 6/17/2012 8:26:35 PM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Entrenchment - 6/18/2012 4:29:44 PM   
ericbabe

Is it that using "hasty entrenchment" when a unit is in a trench is causing the unit to leave the trench? Thanks for the report on this. I'll see if I can duplicate it based on your instructions.

(in reply to whako)
Post #: 4
RE: Entrenchment - 6/19/2012 1:02:29 AM   
whako

yes Eric you are correct, it is when I use "hasty entrenchment" when I already am in a trench.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Entrenchment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI