Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

custom races after recent updates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> custom races after recent updates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
custom races after recent updates - 6/17/2012 12:56:22 AM   
Evrett

Hey there. I havnt played for a while and noticed that the betas added/changed/played with tech priorities and the stuff with designs. Does this mean I need to redo all my custom races? What files do I need to add? Has anyone updated the modding guide to reflect the recent changes ?

< Message edited by Evrett -- 6/17/2012 1:29:23 AM >

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan
Post #: 1
RE: custom races after recent updates - 6/18/2012 3:04:49 PM   
tjhkkr

Yes, the modding guide is very detailed.
IGard has done one.
I am working on one...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Evrett)
Post #: 2
RE: custom races after recent updates - 6/18/2012 10:37:27 PM   
Igard

I don't think the modding guide has been updated with the new tech priorities or design policies since those are still in beta.

They are easy to work with as you can just edit the policy files in-game.

Custom designs are different, you have to edit your ship designs and save them to a file, but you need all the correct tech researched so it's a massive amount of work to create a completely customised fleet of ships for all tech levels. Therefore, not for me, I'll stick with the new design policies.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 3
RE: custom races after recent updates - 6/18/2012 11:32:34 PM   
Evrett

I just remember getting all tripped up by the old file tree and want to avoid that if I can..

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 4
RE: custom races after recent updates - 6/19/2012 12:22:52 AM   
Igard

If you haven't already, download my Picard era mod. Even if you're not interested in playing it, you can always have a wee look and see what I've done.

That's how I learned at first. I looked at Lordxorn's old Star Wars mod and decided to do the same with Trek. I just copied what he did.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to Evrett)
Post #: 5
RE: custom races after recent updates - 6/21/2012 6:13:01 AM   
tjhkkr

Some of the parameters you just have to mess around with to figure out what they do.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 6
RE: custom races after recent updates - 6/22/2012 12:03:22 AM   
Evrett

thx IGard..Il'l give that a whirl and see what I learn.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> custom races after recent updates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI