Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM Replacement?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> PBEM Replacement? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM Replacement? - 6/16/2012 5:43:37 PM   
Gerry

Hello:

Pardon my ignorance here. I usually play wargames PBEM and I know this one does not have it. Is there a way to play a gaming friend by hooking up directly and not playing a scenario to the end. IOW, playing a turn, and the system saves it so you can continue another time.

I have a hard time committing large blocks of time so I am looking for an option close to PBEM.

Thanks,

Gerry
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM Replacement? - 6/16/2012 5:51:33 PM   
whako

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

I have a hard time committing large blocks of time so I am looking for an option close to PBEM.

Thanks,

Gerry

Usually the scenarios that I play last about 20-25 mins from start to finish on MP. There are some 6 rounder scenarios but I find the 4 -5 round scenarios are over in no time at all.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM Replacement? - 6/16/2012 7:37:32 PM   
ericbabe

You could play by e-mail without fog-of-war by taking an action, saving the game on your friend's turn, sending the file to your friend directly. "Conflict of Heroes" is a different sort of turn-based game than most: players alternate taking actions with units. An action is like moving one or two hexes, making one attack, making one rally attempt, etc. It is very back-and-forth type of game. I think there would be a good deal of overhead in attempting to play by e-mail. As whako suggested, it would probably be more rewarding (and a better use of time) to play some of the short firefights that can be finished in 20 minutes.

(in reply to whako)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM Replacement? - 6/16/2012 7:44:50 PM   
Gerry

Thanks to both of you.

I would like to be able to play larger scenarios against humans. When you are playing a game in the lobby, can you just play a few rounds (hope I am using the right terminology), save it, and come back and finish it another time? Or is there some other way to do this?

Gerry

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM Replacement? - 6/16/2012 8:55:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Gerry,

Absolutely. You can play as much or as little of a multiplayer game as you want, save it and resume it later at an agreed upon time with your opponent.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> PBEM Replacement? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI