Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

freeze continues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Tech Support >> freeze continues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
freeze continues - 6/15/2012 8:17:29 PM   
sth0009

game freezes after clicking on map during computer turn. The game never returns from the freeze. I just see a "greyout game screen - in the title bar of window, 'Not Responding' message). This issue seems to be more than the game is 'thinking' issue described before. Anyone else see this?

I have a screenshot but can't seem to upload it.
windows 7 64 bit
combat command version 1.04

I guess this reminded me why i stopped playing this title before. It is unfortunate since i really enjoy the game play. It is too bad there is no support for this title any longer. At least that is the way it looks when checking the forum.

I support matrixgames with my purchases and i am not complaining when i say, perhaps you should just discontinue this offering. I bought this title last christmas during the sale (this is several others - could not resist). I don't regret it but find everytime i attempt to sink my teeth in it something goes wrong. I was hoping the 1.04 update would solve the more outstanding issues. It seems it hasn't for me.

Oh well, i will go back to TAOW3 or WiTE.

Regards

< Message edited by sth0009 -- 6/15/2012 8:26:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: freeze continues - 6/16/2012 2:11:01 AM   
Joe 98

Game - great game!

The freeze - yep the freeze continues. The developer says it is not possible to fix.

When it freezes just wait a few seconds. Then the game continues.

The 1.04 patch corrected everything except the freeze.

(in reply to sth0009)
Post #: 2
RE: freeze continues - 6/16/2012 3:04:02 AM   
**budd**

My freezes always happened during alot of direct fire or arty. Always came back from the freeze, i just waited not clicking anything. Great game, hope it works out for you.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 3
RE: freeze continues - 6/16/2012 6:09:18 PM   
sth0009

Yes, i really like the game too.

i tried again, this time patiently waiting while computer resolved opponent turns. i got further.

On about my 6th turn for movement. the game window went white and a white dialog window (titled CC)flash in the center of the screen on top of the white game window. The program recognized no action from my mouse. i waiting ten minutes and nothing change.

as i am bull headed i will try one more time on a windows XP compuuter (32 bit). It could be my hardware though i have updated my video driver.

thanks for your feedback.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 4
RE: freeze continues - 10/31/2012 11:53:19 AM   
sth0009

bump..just for the heck of it.

(in reply to sth0009)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Tech Support >> freeze continues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI