Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

freeze continues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Tech Support >> freeze continues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
freeze continues - 6/15/2012 8:17:29 PM   
sth0009

game freezes after clicking on map during computer turn. The game never returns from the freeze. I just see a "greyout game screen - in the title bar of window, 'Not Responding' message). This issue seems to be more than the game is 'thinking' issue described before. Anyone else see this?

I have a screenshot but can't seem to upload it.
windows 7 64 bit
combat command version 1.04

I guess this reminded me why i stopped playing this title before. It is unfortunate since i really enjoy the game play. It is too bad there is no support for this title any longer. At least that is the way it looks when checking the forum.

I support matrixgames with my purchases and i am not complaining when i say, perhaps you should just discontinue this offering. I bought this title last christmas during the sale (this is several others - could not resist). I don't regret it but find everytime i attempt to sink my teeth in it something goes wrong. I was hoping the 1.04 update would solve the more outstanding issues. It seems it hasn't for me.

Oh well, i will go back to TAOW3 or WiTE.

Regards

< Message edited by sth0009 -- 6/15/2012 8:26:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: freeze continues - 6/16/2012 2:11:01 AM   
Joe 98

Game - great game!

The freeze - yep the freeze continues. The developer says it is not possible to fix.

When it freezes just wait a few seconds. Then the game continues.

The 1.04 patch corrected everything except the freeze.

(in reply to sth0009)
Post #: 2
RE: freeze continues - 6/16/2012 3:04:02 AM   
**budd**

My freezes always happened during alot of direct fire or arty. Always came back from the freeze, i just waited not clicking anything. Great game, hope it works out for you.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 3
RE: freeze continues - 6/16/2012 6:09:18 PM   
sth0009

Yes, i really like the game too.

i tried again, this time patiently waiting while computer resolved opponent turns. i got further.

On about my 6th turn for movement. the game window went white and a white dialog window (titled CC)flash in the center of the screen on top of the white game window. The program recognized no action from my mouse. i waiting ten minutes and nothing change.

as i am bull headed i will try one more time on a windows XP compuuter (32 bit). It could be my hardware though i have updated my video driver.

thanks for your feedback.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 4
RE: freeze continues - 10/31/2012 11:53:19 AM   
sth0009

bump..just for the heck of it.

(in reply to sth0009)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Tech Support >> freeze continues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI