Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Echo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Echo Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Echo - 8/9/2012 10:33:51 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

'Christ', shouted Warspite above the roar of the ack ack, 'We're never going to get home at this rate'

Warspite1

Empire101: Don't worry old boy, I'll land this crate safely.
Warspite1: Well hurry up, Coronation Street is on at 7.30
Orm: WTF??

Empire101 finally touched down safely.

Later in the mess Alphonse, Warspite and Orm beat up Empire101 for making them miss Emmerdale.

Oh well, ces't la guerre!!

Warspite1

Empire101: Great news boys - we really beat up Fritz tonight
Warspite1: Yeah whatever, what happened at the Woolpack?
Empire101: Er, I dont know old boy, we missed it. Sorry...
Orm: You $%^& Empire, you know how much Warspite loves his soaps
Empire101: $%^&&^% to you two

At which point whole manner of fisticuffs ensued....

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 121
RE: Echo - 8/10/2012 1:56:45 AM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Too late, the lookout spotted the track of the torpedo.....

Meanwhile in my attic.

I think the radar is a Würzburg-Riese (Giant Würzburg) and yes, that's an optical range-finder.

Cheers, Neilster

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 122
RE: Echo - 8/10/2012 2:12:29 AM   
Neilster

quote:

'Christ', shouted Warspite above the roar of the ack ack, 'We're never going to get home at this rate'

I read an article about the artists who drew the aircraft in war magazines. They were usually very skilled and represented the aircraft most accurately. If you've seen enough photos of WW2 aircraft you get a feel for what they should look like from different angles and mostly they got it spot on. I assumed that they used some form of technical drawing to get the geometry right, but apparently that was frowned upon, as they considered themselves as artists. Pretty impressive!

I loved making aircraft models. One of my friends was into tanks and while they were cool, I just couldn't go past aircraft...mostly WW2 ones. I got quite good and was very proud of my efforts.

This was a favourite...

Cheers, Neilster

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 123
RE: Echo - 8/10/2012 3:46:19 AM   
Neilster

As was this. The supposed F-19. I learned a lot about stealth from the material that came with this model.

Cheers, Neilster

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Neilster -- 8/10/2012 3:50:32 AM >

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 124
RE: Echo - 8/10/2012 3:49:42 AM   
Neilster

And this...The Mig 37B Ferret E. The F-19 model was so popular they released a best guess of what the Soviets could build. The rumour at the time was that if you wanted to know what the "F-19" looked like, look at this. It was true because the F-117 used faceting.

Cheers, Neilster

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 125
RE: Echo - 8/11/2012 1:31:26 AM   
AlphonseZukor

quote:

Meanwhile, above Orm's attic, Alphonse struggles with the controls...

'We've been hit' he cried.

'Don't worry', shouted Empire101 above the scream of the planes fatal dive, 'I've found last weeks winning lottery ticket!!.......'

Alphonse's reply was drowned out by the scream of the aircraft as it began to break up.........

I said "Bloody Hell, he's cracked up! I guess it's up to us enlisted to see our officers through." See, I told you I could do it.

< Message edited by AlphonseZukor -- 8/11/2012 1:33:06 AM >

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 126
RE: Echo - 8/11/2012 4:59:24 PM   
Empire101

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to AlphonseZukor)
Post #: 127
RE: Echo - 8/14/2012 3:59:56 PM   
Neilster

You could learn a lot about WW2 weapon systems from war comics. Take this example, first printed in 1963...

Cheers, Neilster

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 128
RE: Echo - 8/14/2012 6:46:23 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

You could learn a lot about WW2 weapon systems from war comics. Take this example, first printed in 1963...

Cheers, Neilster

Warspite1

That wasn't a secret weapon system. This was the age old German Army practice of lighting their own farts prior to engaging the enemy.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 129
RE: Echo - 8/16/2012 3:01:25 PM   
Empire101

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

I love this picture!! Here we have a typical picture of the Nazi 'Supermen' equipped with rocket propelled back packs and MP40's, pitted against the plucky ( & square-jawed ) British Tommy, posed as the underdog in this picture, armed only with a rifle and bayonet. He is obviously in trouble as he probably has no ammo so in desperation he has fitted his bayonet.

Warspite maybe closer to the truth though, as the age old tradition of soldiers of all nationalities igniting their farts after a good night carousing, could have been given a sinister twist by those devilish Nazi scientists

but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 130
RE: Echo - 8/16/2012 7:00:44 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

I love this picture!! Here we have a typical picture of the Nazi 'Supermen' equipped with rocket propelled back packs and MP40's, pitted against the plucky ( & square-jawed ) British Tommy, posed as the underdog in this picture, armed only with a rifle and bayonet. He is obviously in trouble as he probably has no ammo so in desperation he has fitted his bayonet.

Warspite maybe closer to the truth though, as the age old tradition of soldiers of all nationalities igniting their farts after a good night carousing, could have been given a sinister twist by those devilish Nazi scientists

warspite1

quote:

Warspite maybe closer to the truth though
What the ......? Empire I thought you were serious about WWII history??

This is one of the most famous pictures of WWII. It was taken during the Battle of El-Alamein (you can clearly see the pyramid at the exreme right of the picture). The Germans tried unsuccessfully to hop over the British frontline and take them from behind using an adaptation of Tigger's ale oompah bounce (the Wehrmacht variant).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 131
RE: Echo - 8/16/2012 8:28:29 PM   
Empire101

quote:

quote:

This is one of the most famous pictures of WWII. It was taken during the Battle of El-Alamein (you can clearly see the pyramid at the exreme right of the picture). The Germans tried unsuccessfully to hop over the British frontline and take them from behind using an adaptation of Tigger's ale oompah bounce (the Wehrmacht variant).

Warspite has outed the characters of A.A. Milnes Winnie the Pooh as Nazi collaborators and ne'r do wells.

About time too in my opinion, as it is a well known fact, by all people with tin foil wrapped around their head, ( I'm sporting a rather fetching fedora made out of tin foil from the bottom of the oven ), that Tigger was head of the Nazi Secret Weapons Division, and Eeyore was secretly being trained by Lord Haw-Haw to replace Winston Churchill, whilst Winnie the Pooh was a Matha Hari type character, trying to seduce top Allied politicians and Generals.

- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 132
RE: Echo - 8/16/2012 8:45:50 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite has outed the characters of A.A. Milnes Winnie the Pooh as Nazi collaborators and ne'r do wells.

About time too in my opinion, as it is a well known fact, by all people with tin foil wrapped around their head, ( I'm sporting a rather fetching fedora made out of tin foil from the bottom of the oven ), that Tigger was head of the Nazi Secret Weapons Division, and Eeyore was secretly being trained by Lord Haw-Haw to replace Winston Churchill, whilst Winnie the Pooh was a Matha Hari type character, trying to seduce top Allied politicians and Generals.

quote:

it is a well known fact, by all people with tin foil wrapped around their head, ( I'm sporting a rather fetching fedora made out of tin foil from the bottom of the oven ),

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/16/2012 8:59:56 PM >

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 133
RE: Echo - 8/16/2012 8:46:46 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Yes, and I think there would have been a very good chance of Lord Haw Haw getting away with it too - can YOU tell the difference?

Winston Churchill

Eeyore

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/16/2012 8:47:20 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 134
RE: Echo - 8/16/2012 9:40:23 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

it is a well known fact, by all people with tin foil wrapped around their head, ( I'm sporting a rather fetching fedora made out of tin foil from the bottom of the oven ),

Warspite1

Apparently Napoleon Bonaparte was a big user of "Le Foil de Tin" (as they call it en Francais)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 135
RE: Echo - 8/17/2012 1:35:45 AM   
Empire101

quote:

Apparently Napoleon Bonaparte was a big user of "Le Foil de Tin" (as they call it en Francais)

What a coincidence!! I had made a hat of similar proportions only last night.

- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 136
RE: Echo - 8/17/2012 1:38:35 AM   
Empire101

quote:

Yes, and I think there would have been a very good chance of Lord Haw Haw getting away with it too - can YOU tell the difference?

Winston Churchill

Eeyore

Well it just shows how fiendishly cunning they were, I just cannot tell them apart.

- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 137
RE: Echo - 8/17/2012 5:29:23 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

[this is a health and safety announcement]
Kids - a word of caution. If you decide to put on a hat made of tin foil, always remember to take out of the oven first.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 138
RE: Echo - 8/17/2012 7:23:10 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is one of the most famous pictures of WWII. It was taken during the Battle of El-Alamein (you can clearly see the pyramid at the exreme right of the picture). The
Germans tried unsuccessfully to hop over the British frontline and take them from behind using an adaptation of Tigger's ale oompah bounce (the Wehrmacht variant).

About time too in my opinion, as it is a well known fact, by all people with tin foil
wrapped around their head, ( I'm sporting a rather fetching fedora made out of tin foil from the bottom of the oven ), that Tigger was head of the Nazi Secret Weapons Division, and Eeyore was secretly being trained by Lord Haw-Haw to replace Winston Churchill, whilst Winnie the Pooh was a Matha Hari type character, trying to seduce top Allied politicians and Generals.

Warspite1

....and if you look closely at Winnie-the-pooh films, you will see that the so-called 100 acre wood, is in fact the Black Forest in Bavaria. Not a lot of people know this, but Piglet and Hermann Goering were actually one and the same person.

As they say, real life is stranger than fiction....

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 139
RE: Echo - 8/17/2012 1:59:45 PM   
Empire101

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Kids - a word of caution. If you decide to put on a hat made of tin foil, always remember to take out of the oven first.

As a caveat kids, please also remove your head from the oven as well
signed
A load of tits with nothing better to do than collect £30,000 a year for stating the bleeding obvious

- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 140
RE: Echo - 8/17/2012 2:28:02 PM   
Empire101

quote:

....and if you look closely at Winnie-the-pooh films, you will see that the so-called 100 acre wood, is in fact the Black Forest in Bavaria. Not a lot of people know this, but Piglet and Hermann Goering were actually one and the same person.

Piglet ( aka H. Goring ) is another case in point of A.A. Milnes dastardly collaboration with A.H.
At last the world will know of this evil plot. ( I need some more tin foil, as my fedora is drooping ).

- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 141
RE: Echo - 8/17/2012 6:35:40 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Piglet ( aka H. Goring ) is another case in point of A.A. Milnes dastardly collaboration with A.H.
At last the world will know of this evil plot. ( I need some more tin foil, as my fedora is drooping ).
Warspite1

No one likes a droopy fedora.....

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 142
RE: Echo - 8/17/2012 6:39:16 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

As a caveat kids, please also remove your head from the oven as well
signed
A load of tits with nothing better to do than collect £30,000 a year for stating the bleeding obvious
Warspite1

£30,000? You should read the Guardian (yuk) £80,000 + benefits for a Health & Safety Outreach Co-ordinator for left-footed, transgendered pygmies....

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 143
RE: Echo - 8/17/2012 7:44:54 PM   
Empire101

quote:

£30,000? You should read the Guardian (yuk) £80,000 + benefits for a Health & Safety Outreach Co-ordinator for left-footed, transgendered pygmies....

Arrggghhhh!!! The Guardian!!!!!

My latent Nazi writhes in fury. Its time to take the gloves off,.... or put them on, I can never remember which!

( fashions new hat out of tin foil made to look like Robot Monster ( circa 1953 ), whilst donning a gorilla suit for no particular reason ).

READY FOR ACTION!

Time to deal with those Guardian readers!

This will teach them!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Empire101 -- 8/17/2012 7:45:05 PM >

- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 144
RE: Echo - 8/18/2012 12:20:55 PM   
Orm

I am confused.

"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
"Have you thought of going into teaching?"

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 145
RE: Echo - 8/18/2012 1:56:03 PM   
Empire101

quote:

I am confused.

[Soapbox]
The Guardian is a very left liberal paper in the UK that runs lots of adverts in its Jobs section, for jobs ( if you can call them jobs) like 'Outreach Co-Ordinator for Left-Handed People on Job Seekers Allowance', for £60,000 per annum.
Bullshit jobs for the gilded elite ( only ) in this country paid for by the hard working working class through taxation, who incidentally would not even be considered for the job.
[/Soapbox]

Here is a picture of a typical Guardian reader.

Attachment (1)

- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 146
RE: Echo - 8/18/2012 4:22:08 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

I am confused.

[Soapbox]
The Guardian is a very left liberal paper in the UK that runs lots of adverts in its Jobs section, for jobs ( if you can call them jobs) like 'Outreach Co-Ordinator for Left-Handed People on Job Seekers Allowance', for £60,000 per annum.
Bullshit jobs for the gilded elite ( only ) in this country paid for by the hard working working class through taxation, who incidentally would not even be considered for the job.
[/Soapbox]

Here is a picture of a typical Guardian reader.

Thank you.

I am less confused now.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 147
RE: Echo - 8/18/2012 6:17:55 PM   
michaelbaldur

hey. if there were no upper class. then there would be no middle class.

then technically we would not be here...

and a little known fact is that most blue bloods, are poor as rats.

< Message edited by michaelbaldur -- 8/18/2012 6:19:38 PM >

Peyton manning is a God and the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 148
RE: Echo - 8/18/2012 7:57:17 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

hey. if there were no upper class. then there would be no middle class.

then technically we would not be here...

and a little known fact is that most blue bloods, are poor as rats.
warspite1

Good god man!! I hope you are not suggesting there are middle and working class people that frequent these forums?

If this is the case I trust Matrix will forcibly remove these peasants forthwith?

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 149
RE: Echo - 8/19/2012 10:13:18 AM   
Orm

I am from good peasant stock. Did you say something about peasants?
I have a mixed heritage so be careful what you say. I do have some nobility in the mix as well.

And miner, pirate, engineer, fisher, military, inventor and tiler and... and no wonder that I am confused.

< Message edited by Orm -- 8/19/2012 10:14:26 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Echo Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI