Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ABDA HQ withdrawal question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ABDA HQ withdrawal question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ABDA HQ withdrawal question - 6/12/2012 5:20:49 AM   
jmalter

i'm playing a DBB_B game vs. the IJ AI, it's now at 28August42. ABDA HQ is scheduled to withdraw in 43 days, it's located in Soerabaya.

i tried to save as many Dutch assets as i could - naval support ships, patrol planes, bombers and ~12 BF units were sent to North Oz, where 3 bases (Port Hedland, Derby & Wyndham) were switched to ABDA command. this cost no few PPs, the air & LCU were cheap, but the bases were not.

but what will happen to my ABDA guys when their HQ disapparates? i gather that historically, ABDACOM was dissolved on a certain date, no doubt this corresponds w/ the expected loss of my ABDA HQ in October42. will ABDA & its subsidiary commands continue to be available in the game's "Choose New Headquarters" dialog? will my current ABDA forces retain their unrestricted status? should i start saving PP to convert my guys to an active HQ?

i was kinda proud of myself, having extricated so much good stuff from the early-war DEI debacle, incl. all the Dutch ARDs. when you add Darwin, i've got 4 sub-bases in North Oz w/ a well-patrolled, well-supplied, well-supported DEW line across the Timor Sea. lately i've been able to move in some Oz fighter sqns, but i have to buy them out to ABDA from their restricted RAAF HQ.

is all this stuff gonna be hurt when ABDA HQ is auto-withdrawn?
Post #: 1
RE: ABDA HQ withdrawal question - 6/12/2012 12:29:51 PM   
dr.hal

I too am trying to preserve as much of the Dutch forces as possible (I guess because my father was born in the Netherlands!) and was wondering the same thing. Can I simply leave them with the defunct ABDA command and thus they never get a command bonus or am I forced to change their command expending very limited PPs in doing so??

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 2
RE: ABDA HQ withdrawal question - 6/12/2012 1:32:00 PM   
wdolson

The forces assigned to ABDA remain assigned to ABDA and remain in game, even when the HQ disbands. The exception being other ABDA units that are scheduled to withdraw do so normally.

At one point the units ended up with no HQ, but I am about 80% sure that was fixed and they remain assigned to the old HQ.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ABDA HQ withdrawal question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI