Roger Bacon's "Boom and Zoom" mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

rogerbacon51

Roger Bacon's "Boom and Zoom" mod

Post by rogerbacon51 »

Here is a video preview of a mod I am working on.

http://tinypic.com/r/evbb14/6]View My Video

Be sure to watch the video in full screen mode. The quality has been degraded a bit but it is still watchable.

The Romulan ships, sound effects, and weapon graphics are not part of this mod. They were done by others on this forum in the Star Trek mod, weapons mod and sound mod.
Igard

RE: Roger Bacon's "Boom and Zoom" mod

Post by Igard »

WOW! That's impressive, you can get right up close to those fighters. Increased time compression will be very handy. [&o]

Looking forward to playing with this! [8D]
jrhindo

Post by jrhindo »

That looks very nice!
Nuke me!
BTJ

Post by BTJ »

That looks nice. But could you explain for a noob like me, what the exact contribution of the mod will be?

I also noticed that there are two or three additional zoom levels in the game. If you use PageUp and PageDown, you can zoom in way closer than with the mouse wheel!

Regards,

Buford
rogerbacon51

Post by rogerbacon51 »

ORIGINAL: BTJ

That looks nice. But could you explain for a noob like me, what the exact contribution of the mod will be?

I also noticed that there are two or three additional zoom levels in the game. If you use PageUp and PageDown, you can zoom in way closer than with the mouse wheel!

Regards,

Buford

I added another level of zoom and added time compression up to 16 times -- up from the x4 maximum in the current game.
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

Awesome! How long before this is ready? I especially would like the extra zoom. I've desparetely wanted that since I got the game last week.
Theluin

Post by Theluin »

I think this mod won't be finished as Rogerbacon was modifying a library file to do those changes that has been merged with the game exe in one of the recent patches. He explained that in the topic about one of his other mods [:)]
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

Dang :( Maybe the developer will do it then. We really need just one more zoom level.

Return to “Design and Modding”