Matrix Games Forums

Distant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of Nations
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Saving a multiplayer game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Saving a multiplayer game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saving a multiplayer game - 6/11/2012 8:27:06 PM   
Hollywood

I'm sorry if this question / point has been posted already, but I could not find in the threads.

Is there really no way to save a game while you are in mid-move when playing multiplayer? My brother and I are in the midst of a couple of fun games currently via pbem, but it's ridiculous that neither of us can save a turn until we are done. These turns are taking an hour plus to navigate the logistics of a large game (which is fun), but having to do a turn all in one sitting is really ridiculous or are we missing something in terms of the ability to save a turn?
Post #: 1
RE: Saving a multiplayer game - 6/11/2012 8:40:45 PM   
ernieschwitz

If you chose to play with anti-PBEM Cheat on, you cannot save a game in progress, except at the end of turn. This is so you cannot cheat and reload and redo actions, until you get the result you want. However if you did not do this, then you can save any time you want... just go to the computer icon, and a menu with a save option will appear.

(in reply to Hollywood)
Post #: 2
RE: Saving a multiplayer game - 6/11/2012 9:02:50 PM   
Hollywood

Ernie - much appreciate the response. Now we just need to figure out if we trust one another ;)

Thanks again.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 3
RE: Saving a multiplayer game - 6/12/2012 3:24:31 PM   
Hollywood

One quick clarification for others new to PBEM play: set PBEM anti-cheat to OFF, but set PW = ON, this will allow you to save turns mid-turn (and finish later), but allow security between turns so you won't see each others map/data accidentally.

Good luck and have fun.

(in reply to Hollywood)
Post #: 4
RE: Saving a multiplayer game - 6/12/2012 8:16:04 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Not sure but I think someone once posted a method to cheat a PBEM game even with the anti-cheat turned on. It involved multiple simultaneous sessions.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Hollywood)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Saving a multiplayer game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI