Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed - 6/11/2012 7:01:38 PM   
resinslinger

This is in reference to my post about me converting scenarios from the Avalanche Press Panzergrenadier game into JTCS format. I do have copies of the old titles "West Front Gold" and "East Front II Gold". My question is this. If I were to do some scenarios with the editor in those games, would they be compatible with the newer game(s)? If so, that will mean that I can get a head start on those scenarios I want to do and share with all of you. Please let me know before I do a lot of unnecessary work on these new scenarios. Thanks. Chris.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed - 6/11/2012 7:06:06 PM   
scottgibson

If I remember correctly they are not. The new game has fixed many known errors. Complitly rebuilt the East Front Order of Battle, including many new units. Started rebuilding the West Front Order of battle.

Scott in Tacoma

(in reply to resinslinger)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed - 6/11/2012 7:40:35 PM   
Crossroads

I don't have my Talonsoft disks handily available, but the JTCS 1.4 I've got installed shows "Old Formations" within the OOB editor. I believe they refer to original formations, as many of the stock scenarios are from Talonsoft days.

However, Matrix has added a bunch of not only new organizations but new units as well, so creating new scenarios with old OOBs misses out on lot of things nowadays available.

Just my 0.02.

Gott Mit Uns! (Breitenfeld 1631)

Blitz callsign Battle Kat

(in reply to scottgibson)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed - 6/11/2012 7:56:45 PM   
resinslinger

Thanks for stopping me from doing a lot of unnecessary work. Just have to wait till I get the updated games. On a happier note...I went out to my shop and low-and-behold, I found my copy of Divided Ground. Maybe I can get some of the mods for that game. We will see where that goes. Again, thanks gents.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed - 6/11/2012 8:01:49 PM   
Crossroads

I have no idea about Map Editor though... Creating maps often takes a lot of time so perhaps that would be a starting point? Does anyone know?

Do you have an account at Blitz, might as well ask there?

(in reply to resinslinger)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed - 6/11/2012 9:31:39 PM   
Warhorse

Probably would be okay with the maps, be a good starting point, as Petri said! I use Google Earth and whatever maps I can find to make mine, very tedious, but fantastic when done! There are some articles out on how to use GE, yell if you can't find them, and want them!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 6
RE: Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed - 6/12/2012 6:41:37 AM   
Crossroads

They are here: http://www.theblitz.org/articles/Articles-for-the-Campaign-Series/Campaign-Series-How-to-make-accurate-CS-maps-using-Google-Earth/action=show&id=85

Mike, I've noticed during my last two mapping projects with GE the JTCS map hex image I insert as an image overlay shows with quite poor resolution. In other words, I can barely recognise the hex co-ordinates.

I do not recall having this issues earlier like last year.

Do you know is there a way to set the image overlay quality somewhere. I would guess I am doing something wrong here...

I use a fairly old GE version I assume: 5.1.3535.3218, 14. Apr 2010

It is still a great help though.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 7
RE: Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed - 6/12/2012 10:53:14 AM   
resinslinger

As far as maps go, I will be duplicating the ones that come with the Panzergrenadier games. They are the old-school geomorphic kind you would find in games like PanzerBlitz, Panzer Leader, and ASL. The only exception are those maps used in the Cassino '44 game and a couple of the PTO games. I do have Goggle Earth (never could get the map-maker in PCO to work) and I could use it to duplicate the actual battle field terrain but I want to get some scenarios under my belt first. Again, thanks for the info. Sure saved me a bunch of wasted time. Chris.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Compatibility - Replies needed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI