Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AArmFP & APerFP calculations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> AArmFP & APerFP calculations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AArmFP & APerFP calculations - 6/11/2012 5:26:22 PM   
PirateJock

Does anyone know if the formulae for calculating AArmFP and APerFP values available? Can't find them in any of the manuals or on this board.

Thanks

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Post #: 1
RE: AArmFP & APerFP calculations - 6/11/2012 6:52:32 PM   
Lieste

Roughly the 'theoretical' number of kills of a cooperative target group at minimum/close range.
Not significantly far from product of rate of fire, close range accuracy. Possibly including some minor influence for armour penetration (though a 'thin target' is assumed), and I'm unsure how area of effect is included for bombardment/soft fire though I think this is possibly an additional multiplier.

The totals for each weapon type are simply summed.

This is a loose correlation in unit effectiveness - Most targets are more-or-less uncooperative (digging in, operating in non-ideally open terrain, firing back etc), and for armour/anti-armour weapons the penetration/armour relationship has to favour the penetrator from at least one possible direction to see any 'kills', though low morale units can be forced to surrender by non-effective fires (with a sufficiently high 'firepower').

For units of broadly similar capabilities the single-value is a useful comparison, but where capabilities differ greatly, or where unit size is very different then the comparison can break down. Looking at the situation and equipment capabilities gives a better idea of the likely course of action than the raw 'power' when there is a tactical or equipment advantage of a non-trival scope.

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 2
RE: AArmFP & APerFP calculations - 6/12/2012 1:00:54 PM   
PirateJock

Hi Lieste

Thanks for that. My aim is to provide values for a unit to allow comparison with others. I don't think I need to get too involved so will go with your suggestion of sum of normal ROF x close range accuracy in the first instance. I'll see how that goes ... may need to think if there's any other factor/indicator I could include to help with like-with-like comparison.

Cheers

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> AArmFP & APerFP calculations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI