Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

THE AI has made 400 units in four turns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> THE AI has made 400 units in four turns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THE AI has made 400 units in four turns - 6/7/2012 9:46:56 PM   
Zecke

Well; what can i said about this game..is imposible  for the axis repeat the history approaching to leningrad, Smolenks and so on

playing 1941-45 campaing ALTVC260, v.1.06 without fog of war, tha AI (russia) has made more than 400 units  

Only in leningrad has 60 units stacking, in Pskov has a wall of 5 units line with about 80 units of all kind, going down to Vitebsk-Mogler has a line about 60 more units

In the south the AI has made a line around Vinnitsa with more than 80 units finished at Odessa with about 20 units stacking

May i ask to the developers of this game,,HOW CAN THE AI playing difficulty normal can make more than 400 units in turn 4 , is only 7-10-1941 and the AI has 400 units, plus i have destroyed 80 units in litov pocket and central pockets

is there any explication about this...400 units in turn 4  if i play impossible difficulty i guess can build 1000 units

Seriously.. this game is for a PBME only, i suposse, and complainig only because if a play with the russian against the axis AI, in turn 4 i have no more than 100 units for the reinforcements..any answers for the developers will be appreciate..400 units in turn 4 

< Message edited by Zecke -- 6/7/2012 9:49:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: THE AI has made 400 units in four turns - 6/7/2012 10:22:46 PM   
Tarhunnas

What difficulty level are you playing on? In a GC on normal difficulty, it is normally not hard to beat the AI. Far easier than playing against a human. Have you played the smaller scenarios first, to get a feel for how things work?

(in reply to Zecke)
Post #: 2
RE: THE AI has made 400 units in four turns - 6/8/2012 1:42:42 AM   
Zecke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

What difficulty level are you playing on? In a GC on normal difficulty, it is normally not hard to beat the AI. Far easier than playing against a human. Have you played the smaller scenarios first, to get a feel for how things work?

I am playing normal difficulty but this is crazy, the IA is building and building units, i am in turn 5 and has more than 400 units, and i had destroy 120 units  but still building, i have 200 administration points while russia has only 2 left but the AI build inits with 0;0

Anyway thats what a wanted to know that in normal diffiiculty is easy to beat, but not in my computer, i bet you.

Thanks tarhunnas por the aclaration

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 3
RE: THE AI has made 400 units in four turns - 6/8/2012 3:21:54 AM   
Klydon

It sounds like the Russian Admin setting is on 110 or greater. At that point, the Russian AI essentially gets unlimited points and will build units like crazy if it is below a certain limit and that fits the description of what Zecke is saying except he is saying the settings are on normal.

(in reply to Zecke)
Post #: 4
RE: THE AI has made 400 units in four turns - 6/8/2012 4:24:33 PM   
heliodorus04

Don't get discouraged by the massive number of units.
You should try reading some of the After Action Reviews in the AAR forum, that is probably one of the best places for a beginner to learn how to maneuver units.

As Germany, you have a lot to learn in terms of how to move across the Soviet Union.
While everyone says the logistics system is generous (and it is) it does take time for the new player to understand how to move your five FBD rail repair units (this aspect of the game requires you to prioritize and plan ahead, and in your first game, you're just not going to know that without reading AARs).

You need to understand some of the counter-intuitive things in the game, like how Germany has a lot of Support Units in awful, unnecessary places (look at VIII.Corps in 9.Army at game start, and every panzer corps at start for an example). Germany will do far better when you understand how to allocate SUs (particularly at Leningrad, where knowing this game mechanic is critical to taking the city in 1941).

You need to understand, especially, how resupply works from the last railhead hex to the HQ that has your units (whether they are directly attached to OKH, an Army or to a Corps, this routine functions the same).

You need to understand how to fight the enemy in a way that forces him to retreat/route out of your way. You need to understand that you fight the enemy first with the units furthest away, so the units closest can save movement and exploit earlier combats of the turn. These kinds of things take some replay to see the proper benefit of.

Read the AARs, even if you just read the first 5 turns of several Germany 1941 attacks, you'll learn a ton.
Good luck. Keep asking questions.

(in reply to Klydon)
Post #: 5
RE: THE AI has made 400 units in four turns - 6/8/2012 7:32:02 PM   
Zecke

Thanks for the Keys and points of the game; you guys; my complain was about the reinforcements that recieves Russia that were inusual, now i am playing in other PC, and now playing at normal difficulty is going normal, the other PC i was playing might have a troyan, or something and as Klydon pointed it looks that the AI was at 110 and was having unlimited points to build units.

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 6
RE: THE AI has made 400 units in four turns - 6/8/2012 9:45:19 PM   
randallw

Even with all those units on the map they don't necessarily fill up really fast.

(in reply to Zecke)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> THE AI has made 400 units in four turns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI