Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenarios I will be doing.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenarios I will be doing..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenarios I will be doing..... - 6/7/2012 1:13:21 PM   
resinslinger

Good morning all. I played the Campaign series (West Front and East Front II) years ago when it was still published by TalonSoft. As soon as I am able, I plan to purchase this updated version for myself and my 13 year-old grandson (he is every bit as good as any gamer I've played against). The gist of my post is this. I currently have almost a complete collection of Avalanche Press' Panzergrenadier World War II tactical level board-game and I am waiting for the arrival of their latest title, Kursk: South Flank. There are hundreds of scenarios that I currently have on hand. What I plan to do is to convert most of those scenarios to the Campaign Series format, including the maps used in those scenarios. Some will be tiny and some will be monsters, such as the scenarios dealing with the battles in and around Cassino, Italy (BTW, the maps in that module are actual maps of the area and are HUGE). I will probably be starting on these new scenarios by the end of the summer, hopefully before. Take care all. Chris.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenarios I will be doing..... - 6/7/2012 4:39:08 PM   
Josh

Wow, many thanks in advance
(Talonsoft... ah yes where did the time go...)

(in reply to resinslinger)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenarios I will be doing..... - 6/7/2012 5:04:54 PM   
resinslinger

I just added up all the AP PG scenarios I have to work with once I get started. You ready for this? 1,118 and when I update the series with the titles I still have to purchase you can add another 102 plus another 40 when I get my copy of the second Kursk title (I pre-ordered it and hope to have it by the end of the year) you can add another 40 to 50 scenarios. Oh yes, and six HUMONGOUS campaigns to boot.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: New Scenarios I will be doing..... - 6/8/2012 3:47:23 AM   
Jason Petho

That's awesome!

Jason Petho

Petho Cartography

Mapping Military History

(in reply to resinslinger)
Post #: 4
RE: New Scenarios I will be doing..... - 6/9/2012 10:56:56 AM   
resinslinger

Jason. Yes, the amount of research that Avalanche Press puts into their PG game scenarios is very impressive. The Campaign Supplement Books give a very detailed account of the campaigns contained in each. Not sure how I will convert the campaigns to JTCS as they will be a bit of challenge, but nothing I can't handle. Wish me luck. Chris.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

That's awesome!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenarios I will be doing..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI