Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

keyboard help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> keyboard help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
keyboard help - 6/7/2012 12:07:17 PM   
Bartec

hi,
i want to use small unit icons, but i cant find the key on my keyboard which is shown in the manual page 190.
have tried some other keys, but nothing happend.

plz help.
Post #: 1
RE: keyboard help - 6/7/2012 1:30:21 PM   
BofH

Depends on the layout of your keyboard - top left, immediately below the ESC key...
both my Mac and my PC have it in the same position.

cheers

(in reply to Bartec)
Post #: 2
RE: keyboard help - 6/7/2012 3:36:21 PM   
Bartec

pressing the key under the ESC, the units are hidden (/-recent logs is displayed
in the game task)

pressing this key ( - ) the units are visible.

no small nato icons.

(in reply to BofH)
Post #: 3
RE: keyboard help - 6/7/2012 5:34:44 PM   
Lieste

Mine is '@ on a UK 103 key board. Someone else suggested trying numpad zero, but I didn't confirm that one.

(in reply to Bartec)
Post #: 4
RE: keyboard help - 6/7/2012 8:34:42 PM   
Bartec

you did it lieste! numpad zero!

thank you!

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 5
RE: keyboard help - 6/16/2012 5:15:43 PM   
stardark

Hi!

I have the same problem, I cannot toggle between symbols. I play on a ASUS-Notebook without Numpad, so Numpad-0 is not an option. The key under ESC does nothing except changing the units shown on the map. It's the same with the ~-Key. I have a german keyboard layout and would have to press Alt Gr + +*~, but that does not work either.

Any help appreciated!

Greetz,
Chris

(in reply to Bartec)
Post #: 6
RE: keyboard help - 6/17/2012 1:53:00 AM   
Lieste

Did you try '@ at all? I didn't find it on ~ either, but it was available on the @ key, and on the numpad. I don't have a German keyboard to check unfortunately.

(in reply to stardark)
Post #: 7
RE: keyboard help - 6/17/2012 2:02:24 AM   
Arjuna

Internally in the game we map the various functions to an ASCI code. This is then converted to a Unicode and applied to a specific key on the keyboard. For this particular function ( ie displaying small icons ) that code is actioned by hitting the grave/tilde key on a US keyboard. If you use the Character Map tool you will see that this corresponds to the unicode U+ 0060:Grave Accent. Now there will be some other key or combination of keys on non-US keyboards that produce this unicode.

To acess the Character Map tool, just click the Start menu and enter "Charater Map" and it should be the first item listed in the search list. Select it and it will open.

To find out which keyboard key produces the Grave character, try opening a text editor and start hitting each key from the top left. If that fails to produce a "`" then tru holding the shift key down and repeat the same process. If that fails use the Ctrl and Alt keys or whatever other keyboard combinations your keyboard supports. Make a note of which key/combination works and post it here for the benefit of other users along with the name of your keyboard layout. Thanks.

Attachment (1)

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to stardark)
Post #: 8
RE: keyboard help - 6/17/2012 12:53:38 PM   
stardark

Hi again!

I was indeed able to figure it out yesterday.
To toggle between the unit icons with a german keyboard layout you have to press "ö" (it's an umlaut, transliterated it's "oe").

Greetz,
Chris

< Message edited by stardark -- 6/17/2012 12:55:21 PM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> keyboard help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI