11.06.12 release?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

major.pain

11.06.12 release?

Post by major.pain »

According to the Slitherine site the game is released this coming Monday?
Erik Rutins

RE: 11.06.12 release?

Post by Erik Rutins »

That's not a correct release date. While we are getting close to release, it will be a few more weeks.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Slitherine does this all the time. I don't understand why they can't keep their release dates up to date. They are much slower with information about their own games than Matrix. It's just kind of frustrating. I was prepared to get this game next Monday. Please Slitherine, at least keep your release dates accurate, or just say "Coming soon" if you don't have a firm date.
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

Lol, i feel your pain[:@] Thats why i thought i would ask the question on here and Eric has kindly dashed my hopes[:-] Just trying to weigh up wether to pick up DC:WTP while its on sale now or wait "A few more weeks" for this[&:]
sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

^DC Blitzkrieg Warsaw to Paris is superb in its own right. No reason not to pick it up now on sale. It doesn't sound like Case Blue is going to be a revolutionary advance over Warsaw to Paris, so it's not like time spent with the earlier game will be time wasted.
Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

Just curious but where in the world do people format dates so that 11.06.12 = June 6, 2012? Not trying to be critical or picking a fight. I recall it may be European.

I suspect from what I have read that the new game will be more than just an expansion of the original Decisive Campaigns. An expansion usually is just a scenario add-on with perhaps minor improvements to the engine but this seems to be an incremental evolution to the engine with lots of new changes. Having said this I would encourage anyone on the fence to get the original game as others have. It is well worth the investment.
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

Erik, I know you probably can't answer this, but I have to try regardless. How close is CB to release? It's been several weeks since your last post. I'm sure there are many fans like myself that are eagerly waiting for this game!

Next Thursday, 6/28 is the anniversary for Case Blue. Wouldn't that be a cool date for release?!

- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

That was the date we were originally aiming for, but we needed a bit more time to get the manuals printed (in full color!). We're making minor improvements and tweaks to the game and finishing up final beta testing, so I'd say mid-July is a good estimate.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

I do appreciate the reply, Erik. I have to admit I feel like a kid again, waiting for a game to come out! Good clean fun though!

I sure hope it comes out sooner, but if waitng means a more polished game with color manuals, then I'll gladly be more patient!
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

ORIGINAL: Dale H

Just curious but where in the world do people format dates so that 11.06.12 = June 11, 2012?
The civilized part [;)]

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
patchogue

Post by patchogue »

The reason Ike postponed D-Day had nothing to do with the weather - he just wanted the Allies to turn up on the same day!

{it is possible that some Americans believe the Ox & Bucks held Pegasus Bridge for a surprisingly long time}
"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

touche'!
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: Wolfe

Just curious but where in the world do people format dates so that 11.06.12 = June 11, 2012?
The civilized part [;)]

+1
LOL
It can sometimes be confusing to read 11.06.2012, because in europe it means eleven June. Day-Month-Year. But in the, uhm, not civilized [;)] part it means the sixth of Octobre 2012, Month-Day-Year. Even more confusing than Celsius and Fahrenheit.... I *always* have to google Fahrenheit to see how hot/cold it is in Celsius degrees [:D]
wodin

Post by wodin »

Just curious but where in the world do people format dates so that 11.06.12 = June 6, 2012? Not trying to be critical or picking a fight. I recall it may be European.

I suspect from what I have read that the new game will be more than just an expansion of the original Decisive Campaigns. An expansion usually is just a scenario add-on with perhaps minor improvements to the engine but this seems to be an incremental evolution to the engine with lots of new changes. Having said this I would encourage anyone on the fence to get the original game as others have. It is well worth the investment.
The UK does and it's far more logical having day,month,year than month, day, year.
mbar

Post by mbar »

For PC file sorting I'd like YYYYMMDD. Work for sorting pictures anyway.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Don't the Americans celebrate the "4th of July" for some reason.

Wouldn't that logically be 4/7 rather than 7/4 ?

Independence was obviously a bad idea for them [:)]
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: Wolfe

The civilized part [;)]

Actually Dale, it means the 11th day of the 6th month of the 12th year. In ascending order from smallest to largest. The only other logical way to do it would be to say 2012/6/11. Putting it in month/day/year order makes no sense at all ;) How did the Yanks come to rule the world???
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Who is Celsius? Is he related to Calculus? Tintin's uncle maybe???
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”