A Question for the Powers that be

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Ratzki

A Question for the Powers that be

Post by Ratzki »

I will be ordering this game as soon as i get back from work in a few days and can't wait to see how it plays. As for my question, what kind of time table are you looking at for future releases in this series and is there plans to include new units/counters here and there in between releases?
ericbabe

RE: A Question for the Powers that be

Post by ericbabe »

The rate at which we can work on sequels and DLC depends on how well COH is being received by the gaming community, which is a euphemism for "how much money we are making." [:)]
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Well you've got mine - so hurry up with the Pacific War add on already!!! [:D]
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
JFalk68

Post by JFalk68 »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

The rate at which we can work on sequels and DLC depends on how well COH is being received by the gaming community, which is a euphemism for "how much money we are making." [:)]

Hi Eric, maybe this is a bad idea but people seem to use Kickstarter for everything nowadays. If you guys started a Kickstarter page to get expansions out sooner vs later I would definitely throw some green your way.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: AZ Gung Ho
Well you've got mine - so hurry up with the Pacific War add on already!!! [:D]

Thanks for your support!

We're not a big company and we don't have big ad budgets, so any help we can get from fans of the game is definitely appreciated. Word of mouth may make the difference between whether "Conflict of Heroes" sees many sequels and expansion packs or not.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: JFalk68
Hi Eric, maybe this is a bad idea but people seem to use Kickstarter for everything nowadays. If you guys started a Kickstarter page to get expansions out sooner vs later I would definitely throw some green your way.

You're like the tenth person to recommend this to me, so there must be something to this recommendation [:)] I'll talk to Matrix and see what they think.
balto

Post by balto »

I am on Matrix almost everyday so I knew about CoH but I never really read the threads except for the first one or two AARs. I see Eric all over this site and I now see Western Civ developed this.., SOLD!

PS - I wish there was an AAR on the GROUPING thing. If I figure it out in the next few days, heck, maybe I will.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: balto
I am on Matrix almost everyday so I knew about CoH but I never really read the threads except for the first one or two AARs. I see Eric all over this site and I now see Western Civ developed this.., SOLD!

Hi Balto. Thanks for the kind words. If you find you like "COH" as much as our other games, please help spread the word and post about us on other forums! [:)] Make sure you get a chance to try the game out in multiplayer.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Just ordered my copy a couple days ago, so now am awaiting the arrival in my mailbox. Everything that I have read sounds great.
colberki

Post by colberki »

Can this game be compared to the old AH Squad Leader boardgame?
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

ORIGINAL: JFalk68

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

You have an excellent idea there...as a backer of over 30 titles in Kickstarter, I find it is a great way to get involved in a project when it is starting out....
colberki

Post by colberki »

Buying game now. Boardgame pedigree and squad level scale sold me.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”