Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Opponent wanted [CLOSED]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Opponent wanted [CLOSED] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Opponent wanted [CLOSED] - 6/3/2012 7:04:05 PM   
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Anyone intermediate to advanced players interested in a Grand Campaign, scenario 1, either side? Similar to a recent post by 39battalion, I am looking for a friendly but challenging game . I have a decent amount of PBEM experience so I'm somewhere in the intermediate to advanced range. Also I am willing to play a long time in spite of my blunders, though most games I've played have been decided by late 1943 to the satisfaction of both players. Anyone interested please PM me and we'll sort out the best mutual fit.

I feel the same as 39battalion, if he doesn't mind me quoting him:

"I like games played in a friendly and gentlemanly spirit and I am much more interested in enjoying the journey rather than attempting to break the game system to "win". As I enjoy the detail of this game and the numerous small challenges each turn presents... Any interruptions to gameplay caused by RL should be able to be amicably discussed and accepted. The key here is good communication and respect for your opponent. I can manage at least 5 turns per week.

The opponent I seek: I am looking for somebody who understands and identifies with what I am trying to say above ."
Suggested settings :

Turns = 1 day turns
Fog of war = On
Advanced weather = Negotiable
Allied damage control = On
PDU = Negotiable
Historical first turn = On
December 7 surprise = On
Reliable US torps = Off
Realistic R&D = On
No unit withdrawals = Negotiable
Reinforcement rate = Negotiable
Combat reports = On
Auto subs = Off
TF/aircraft move radius = Off (as it can be toggled during the game)
All facilities expand at start = Off
Accept air and ground replacements = On

House rules : My preference would be have very few. In fact I would be happy to have none as I think the latest version of the game is well balanced I would rather play the game in the spirit of sorting out any problematic issues by discussion if they come up. But,of course,I would be very happy to negotiate on house rules.

thanks!

< Message edited by leehunt27@bloomberg.net -- 6/3/2012 8:53:55 PM >

John 21:25
Post #: 1
RE: Opponent wanted for Grand Campaign Scenario 1, AE - 6/3/2012 7:49:35 PM   
bjfagan

I just sent a PM to you.

(in reply to leehunt27@bloomberg.net)
Post #: 2
RE: Opponent wanted for Grand Campaign Scenario 1, AE - 6/3/2012 8:54:09 PM   
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Great, writing you back and we'll get started...

John 21:25

(in reply to bjfagan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Opponent wanted [CLOSED] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI