Bases for withdrawl

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zigurat666

Bases for withdrawl

Post by Zigurat666 »

I,m not sure if this is correct or not? I have some ships in Pearl Harbour that are due to withdrawl but when you go to use that option it just says "withdrawl overdue" and there is no button to withdraw?
Ships are in ready state. Do these have to go to the west coast? Im losing a pile of political points.
rjopel

RE: Bases for withdrawl

Post by rjopel »

Pearl is not an eligible port. Go to San Francisco.
Ryan Opel
msieving1

Post by msieving1 »

Ships may only be withdrawn while at an off-map base or any "national home base" except in the Netherlands East Indies or Philippines. I haven't found a list of national home bases, but I know that San Francisco, Sydney, and Colombo work.
-- Mark Sieving
Sredni

Post by Sredni »

It should be noted here that the devs felt withdrawals should be limited to the ports that were historically used for withdrawals, said ports being for the most part off-map ports. The ability to withdraw at on-map ports was a compromise to improve playability and to meet player expectations. We're lucky we can do on-map withdrawals at all.

You can withdraw ships at length before their withdrawal date, potentially much earlier then 90 days if you wish. If you do not withdraw by the withdrawal date the daily political point penalties start. There are two easy ways to find and sort through which ships need to withdraw. At the bottom of the ships screen (S) there is a button to show just those ships withdrawing in the next 90 days, and in the intelligence (I) screen there is a menu (w) to see all ship withdrawals which can be sorted by how many days before they need to withdraw.

A ship may withdraw from any off-map base or from within any taskforce which is off-map.
On-map withdrawals can occur as follows:
- Any level 9 port.
- Any level 7 or larger port on the US or Canadian West Coast.
- Any level 7 or larger Indian port W of Ceylon (including Ceylon).
- Any level 7 or larger port in SE Australia, plus Perth.
- Any level 7 or larger port in New Zealand.
- National home ports of United States/Canada/India/Australia/New Zealand, regardless of the port size.
---San Francisco (USA)
---Vancouver (Canada)
---Karachi (India)
---Sydney (Australia)
---Wellington (New Zealand)

- No ship can be withdrawn from an on-map port where the enemy has air superiority.
- For on-map withdraw, a ship's total damage may not exceed 99 and no individual damage type (system, floatation, engine) may exceed 50.
- Off-map withdrawal of damaged ships can occur at any damage level.
- Ship nationality has no bearing on where it may withdraw.

^the info I've gathered on withdrawals from various posts and posters, if there were any changes to how withdrawals work in the (previously beta, now current) latest patch then my info may be out of date.
zzodr

Post by zzodr »

Level 9 port withdrawal (except off-map and National home ports) only works if there are no enemy within 20 hexes.
(subs don't count) - even if you have air superiority.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

And, this makes a good case for not risking big ships that are due to withdraw. It can be very expensive in PPs if you take a lot of damage and have to wait for the ship to repair before you can remove it.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”