Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

If only:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> If only: Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
If only: - 6/1/2012 11:13:10 AM   
Ironclad

One could play FOF pbem with the option of the tactical battles rathet than quick or instant. The great joy of FOF is having such great detailed battles with a full war campaign and its such a pity that the more demanding challenges provided by human opposition misses out on arguably the best part of the game which is restricted to AI games only. I know Brother against Brother when issued will allow even more detailed standalone and historical battles to be fought with an enhanced system better tailored for swifter pbem play. Is there any chance that the work done there would allow a swift update of FOF to permit detailed battles in pbem even if only for the larger actions? Yes it would make for much longer pbem games but they would be great ones with those wonderful sprites!

Post #: 1
RE: If only: - 6/1/2012 7:09:38 PM   
Gil R.

Sadly, no chance -- the internal structure of BAB (I'm talking code stuff here) is very different from FOF, so the fact that we have it for BAB wouldn't make a difference. If BAB#1 does well we might put the programming energies into having campaign options in later releases. Too soon to tell. (And as for FOF, we're just not sure how many PBEM players would want to fight out battles as well. If/when we do FOF2 it could be an awful lot of work that would appeal to very few players, and not boost sales appreciably.)

On an unrelated note, I think it's pretty cool that this is the 150th anniversary of Robert E. Lee taking command of the Army of Northern Virginia.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> If only: Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI