Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airdropping brigades bugged?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Airdropping brigades bugged? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airdropping brigades bugged? - 6/1/2012 1:55:57 AM   
notenome

Has anyone figured how to airdrop brigades with the new patch? I'm trying but I think its bugged. The procedure is stack air base with airborne, select airborne, switch to air transport mode, shift left click near airbase, close window, shift left click on destination, select aircraft.

But when I click near the airbase nothing happens and everything deselects. Frustrating.
Post #: 1
RE: Airdropping brigades bugged? - 6/1/2012 2:56:17 AM   
Marquo

I have done it - clunky but it works.

New Airdrop routine:

Interface Change (Section 5.3.9.3) – To airdrop a unit, now you must go to air transport mode and then left click on the hex containing the airbase and airborne unit. Make sure the airborne unit(s) you wish to drop are selected in the unit bar. Next, shift-left click on a hex near the airfield. This will cause the pick air units mission window to be displayed. Close this window and you will now see the hexes where you may conduct an airdrop lit up, while those that are not possible will be displayed in. Shift-left click on the hex you wish to drop the airborne unit and the pick air units mission window will appear. Due to some issues with the interface, the only way to indicate the valid hexes to airdrop in is to click on a valid hex. If you click on an invalid hex it will not bring up the air window nor will it indicate the valid hexes. This is why we suggest you click somewhere near the airbase. Whenever the air window appears, you can execute the air drop. It is important that you select the airborne unit after you have entered air transport mode (previously the airborne unit was supposed to be selected while still in movement mode).

(in reply to notenome)
Post #: 2
RE: Airdropping brigades bugged? - 6/1/2012 4:51:42 AM   
heliodorus04

Glad to see the exploit is still in full effect for you guys.
Go Spetsnaz

Attachment (1)

Summer 2017-Playing: D-Day at Omaha Beach, Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Kampfgruppe Walther & Panzerbrigade 107 (Magnificent). Lots of Osprey stuff.
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL)

(in reply to Marquo)
Post #: 3
RE: Airdropping brigades bugged? - 6/1/2012 5:06:14 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: heliodorus04

Glad to see the exploit is still in full effect for you guys.
Go Spetsnaz

Great picture. But could you explain why using airborne units for, er, airdrops is an exploit? The game was clearly designed to allow them to be airdropped, as they were historically.

And while I would not expect such details to get in the way of your ranting, their use is no longer in "full effect" as a recent patch reduced the range of airdrops.

< Message edited by 76mm -- 6/1/2012 5:07:49 AM >

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 4
RE: Airdropping brigades bugged? - 6/1/2012 11:47:59 AM   
elmo3

You can omit the step where you shift-left click near your airbase and instead shift-left click on your intended drop hex if you are sure it is a legitimate hex within the new 8 hex range. You just won't see the legitimate hexes by omitting that step.

< Message edited by elmo3 -- 6/1/2012 11:48:33 AM >

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Airdropping brigades bugged? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI