Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A question and some musings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> A question and some musings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A question and some musings - 5/31/2012 4:37:52 PM   
Nihilist

Hi there!

First off: I love the game, but I have a question.

Sometimes other races offer me a trade. They say basically you get mining station x in system y and therefore they get mining station a in system b. But I have a gazillion of mining stations and I really don't know all the places where my mining stations are or where the stations from other races are, so: How can I see what is offered? As far as I can tell I can't open any other screen where I might could search after what is mentioned and if I close the screen I refuse the offer. Hell, they even gave me three times in a row the SAME offer and I tried to find these stations and systems, but to no avail. What can I do?

And anyhow: This game needs search functions badly. One for the Galactopedia and one for every star, planet, ship, etc. I don't know how difficult this is to implement, but for the UIs sake, it's a necessity in my opinion.

Other than that: Great game.

It really reminds me of "Rules of Engagment" (PC/AMIGA) and "Breach". In RoE you were the captain of your ship, you could control everything from your machinery till your lasers and you could fly missions (in realtime) and combined with Breach you could also command (for example boarding) troups. Graphics were really dots and lines, but the deepness was incredible and I really felt like James T. Kirk, cause it left room for your imagination. And Breach was something like X-Com back then.

Distant Worlds is that and so much more. Now I can command a whole empire. Thank you for that! Can't wait for the fourth expansion. Hopefully ground combat will be somehow improved.

RoE:
http://www.uvlist.net/game-18317-Rules+of+Engagement
(these F01 named dots, were actually the ships lol)
http://www.emuparadise.me/Amiga_ROMs/Rules_of_Engagement/7233

Breach:
http://eager.back2roots.org/DATA/B/BREAC3.html

< Message edited by Nihilist -- 5/31/2012 4:46:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: A question and some musings - 5/31/2012 9:44:23 PM   
WoodMan

You can open other windows on top without closing it, for example the ship and base window, find the base and zoom to it or check it details. You must make sure not close the diplomacy window though. At least this is how it works in Legends, not sure about RotS and Original.

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Nihilist)
Post #: 2
RE: A question and some musings - 5/31/2012 11:23:08 PM   
Nihilist

Oh okay, I didn't knew that. I always tried to open the left hand sidebar windows - i thought to no avail, but I'll try again next time. I play Legends. Thank you.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 3
RE: A question and some musings - 5/31/2012 11:45:53 PM   
rogerbacon50

On a related topic, I HATE when someone offers to "give" me my own mining station. The dialog box should idicate that you already own it and they are just willing to recognize your ownership of it. I got suckered into getting my own stuff more than once in exchange for making peace. I wouldn't have done it if I knew I already owned it.

(in reply to Nihilist)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> A question and some musings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI