Loss intolerance working properly?

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Jonathan Pollard

Loss intolerance working properly?

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

I modified the Eastern Front 1915 scenario so that it would last for only 1 turn. That was the only modification I made. When I played the scenario computer vs. computer, the Russian losses were more than double the Central Powers losses when I clicked on the "inventory and replacements" button for both sides and examined the figures in the "Lost" column (for example, the CP lost 2077 rifle squads and the Russians lost 4343). However, when clicking on the Situation Briefing, the Russians had a loss penalty of 6 and the CP had a loss penalty of 10. This despite the scenario supposedly having the Russians have a loss intolerance level of 8 times normal (800%) versus a 4 times normal (400%) loss intolerance level for the CP. I used the editor to make sure that the Russians had 800% and CP 400% as their settings. Therefore, it seems to me that the Russians should have a much greater loss penalty than the CP, but the reverse is what the game is showing. Or perhaps the figures in the "Lost" column are not exclusively permanent losses but include temporary losses that will eventually return, and maybe the CP is suffering mosty permanent losses while the Russians are suffering mostly temporary losses?
Oberst_Klink

RE: Loss intolerance working properly?

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Oleg,

did you have a look at thread: tm.asp?m=1521754&mpage=1&key=loss%2Ctolerance&#1522456

Bob explains the system, the itty gritty inside bits, in his usual analytic but understandable way. ;)

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Jonathan Pollard

RE: Loss intolerance working properly?

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

It looks like the system is working as intended. But just to make sure, I increased Russian loss intolerance to the max and CP intolerance to the minimum. When I did that, the Russians indeed had a greater loss penalty than the CP.

Return to “TOAW III Support”