Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loss intolerance working properly?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Loss intolerance working properly? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loss intolerance working properly? - 5/28/2012 7:27:11 AM   
Jonathan Pollard

I modified the Eastern Front 1915 scenario so that it would last for only 1 turn. That was the only modification I made. When I played the scenario computer vs. computer, the Russian losses were more than double the Central Powers losses when I clicked on the "inventory and replacements" button for both sides and examined the figures in the "Lost" column (for example, the CP lost 2077 rifle squads and the Russians lost 4343). However, when clicking on the Situation Briefing, the Russians had a loss penalty of 6 and the CP had a loss penalty of 10. This despite the scenario supposedly having the Russians have a loss intolerance level of 8 times normal (800%) versus a 4 times normal (400%) loss intolerance level for the CP. I used the editor to make sure that the Russians had 800% and CP 400% as their settings. Therefore, it seems to me that the Russians should have a much greater loss penalty than the CP, but the reverse is what the game is showing. Or perhaps the figures in the "Lost" column are not exclusively permanent losses but include temporary losses that will eventually return, and maybe the CP is suffering mosty permanent losses while the Russians are suffering mostly temporary losses?

"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba." "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even Washington." - US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Operation Northwoods, 1962
Post #: 1
RE: Loss intolerance working properly? - 5/28/2012 10:04:45 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Oleg,

did you have a look at thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1521754&mpage=1&key=loss%2Ctolerance�

Bob explains the system, the itty gritty inside bits, in his usual analytic but understandable way. ;)

Klink, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Jonathan Pollard)
Post #: 2
RE: Loss intolerance working properly? - 5/29/2012 10:00:57 PM   
Jonathan Pollard

It looks like the system is working as intended. But just to make sure, I increased Russian loss intolerance to the max and CP intolerance to the minimum. When I did that, the Russians indeed had a greater loss penalty than the CP.

"We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba." "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even Washington." - US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Operation Northwoods, 1962

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Loss intolerance working properly? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI