Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Royal Thai Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Royal Thai Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Royal Thai Units - 5/26/2012 4:41:46 PM   
Roger Neilson 3

I seem unwittingly to have activated these by an incursion into the Thai boundary. fair enough. However can someone point me to where in the rules it tells you this happens, cos I cannot find anything about it?

Roger

Post #: 1
RE: Royal Thai Units - 5/26/2012 7:17:51 PM   
Chris H

8.8 INDO-CHINA JAPANESE MILITIA
Each time an Allied unit moves into Indo-China, the Japanese will receive a Japanese
(representing Vietnamese/Vichy French forces) militia division (up to a maximum of 4). Thus if
2 ground units move into Indo-China, and then 1 unit moves from one border hex to another, 3
militia divisions will be formed. These militia divisions will be formed in Hanoi, Haiphong, Luang
Prabang, and Hue in that order, and they will be formed at 1/3 strength.

(in reply to Roger Neilson 3)
Post #: 2
RE: Royal Thai Units - 5/26/2012 7:48:57 PM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

I seem unwittingly to have activated these by an incursion into the Thai boundary. fair enough. However can someone point me to where in the rules it tells you this happens, cos I cannot find anything about it?

Roger

In WitP-AE, Thai forces start the war as Japanese Allies. In PBEM players usually have a house-rule that Thai forces have to stay in Thailand, or must stay within a certain distance (3 hexes, fx).

Historically, the Thai government declared war on the Allies on January 25th, 1942. They did not fight against the British, but did occupy Northern Malaya and a portion of the Shan States, where they skirmished with a sinbgle Chinese division. In 1943 the Thai's signed an armistice (with the Chinese division commander (!)). In July, 1944 the pro-Japanese government was deposed in a coup.

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

Post #: 3
RE: Royal Thai Units - 5/26/2012 8:53:57 PM   
Roger Neilson 3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Each time an Allied unit moves into Indo-China, the Japanese will receive a Japanese
(representing Vietnamese/Vichy French forces) militia division (up to a maximum of 4). Thus if
2 ground units move into Indo-China, and then 1 unit moves from one border hex to another, 3
militia divisions will be formed. These militia divisions will be formed in Hanoi, Haiphong, Luang

Indo China is not Thailand, all the information quoted above refers to what we now call Vietnam, as do all the cities mentioned. I gather I was mistaken and all the Thai units are in play from the start. If they are not restricted then I guess with Japanese persuasion they could have been deployed outside their borders.... though that then leaves Thailand open to assault from other means....

As we didn't discuss these units and any house rule we will have to agree how we handle it...

Sorry for bothering folks here.

Roger

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 4
RE: Royal Thai Units - 5/26/2012 10:49:08 PM   
Uncivil Engineer

The Thai units are all restricted and cannot be reassigned. They also withdraw in 1944, as Blackhorse mentioned.

quote:

quote:

Indo China is not Thailand, all the information quoted above refers to what we now call Vietnam, as do all the cities mentioned. I gather I was mistaken and all the Thai units are in play from the start. If they are not restricted then I guess with Japanese persuasion they could have been deployed outside their borders.... though that then leaves Thailand open to assault from other means....

As we didn't discuss these units and any house rule we will have to agree how we handle it...

Roger

Post #: 5
RE: Royal Thai Units - 5/27/2012 11:03:47 AM   
Chris H

quote:

quote:

Roger

Oops! Must learn to read.

Post #: 6
RE: Royal Thai Units - 5/28/2012 3:48:16 PM   
crsutton

And are very poor units. Low exp and poorly equipped.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Royal Thai Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI