Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airfield Administration Level: How is it determined and what effect does it have?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Airfield Administration Level: How is it determined and what effect does it have? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airfield Administration Level: How is it determined an... - 5/24/2012 12:07:44 AM   
pws1225

I've tried to figure out how an airfield's administration level is determined, but so far have come up short. Is it a function of airfield size, air support units, Air Command present, or what? I've looked in the manual but couldn't find anything to answer my question. Also, what is the penalty for having more air groups present at a base than the base's administration level.

Thanks in advance, Paul
Post #: 1
RE: Airfield Administration Level: How is it determine... - 5/24/2012 2:39:27 AM   
jmalter

basic capacity is airfield size + one, increased by presence of AirHQs (adds its radius value to bases within its radius, adds half FRD its value out to twice its radius, IIRC). '# of groups present' value is modified by the game & might be less than the actual # of groups, as any number of groups on Training missions generally count as 1 group, & any number of seaplane groups count as 1 group.

penalties would include an inability to fly all the planes from the base - sqns will fly combat missions w/ less than their available strength.

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2
RE: Airfield Administration Level: How is it determine... - 5/24/2012 8:54:41 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmalter

basic capacity is airfield size + one, increased by presence of AirHQs (adds its radius value to bases within its radius, adds half FRD its value out to twice its radius, IIRC). '# of groups present' value is modified by the game & might be less than the actual # of groups, as any number of groups on Training missions generally count as 1 group, & any number of seaplane groups count as 1 group.

penalties would include an inability to fly all the planes from the base - sqns will fly combat missions w/ less than their available strength.

Plus a command HQ now acts as an air HQ for admin purposes. See game change below.

v1.00.84 – September 9, 2009
72. Gameplay Change: Command level headquarter units now behave like an Air HQ for the purpose of determining the over-stacking limits of airfields. The effect radius of a command HQ extends out to twice the command radius, but only applies half the affect when the distance to the base is more than the command radius.

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 3
RE: Airfield Administration Level: How is it determine... - 5/25/2012 10:53:12 AM   
pws1225

Thanks guys.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 4
RE: Airfield Administration Level: How is it determine... - 5/28/2012 12:42:21 AM   
jakla1027

So to make sure i understand this right. I have Guadalcanal built up to its max airfield size (5)+3 so 8 with 12 air groups based thier & i have the 13th USAAF HQ Air unit based thier, then my airfield will operate as if it was a size 9 or 10 strip, thus not suffering the penalty for having to many groups (12) based at a size 8 field? I also have plenty of aviation support (over 250) based thier but want to make sure im not handicaping myself by having to many groups based thier. So is this assesment right?

Thanks

< Message edited by jakla1027 -- 5/28/2012 12:43:14 AM >

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 5
RE: Airfield Administration Level: How is it determine... - 5/28/2012 5:27:16 AM   
jmalter

jakla, when you click on the Lunga base, click again on the 'aircraft located at Lunga' symbol. at the top right of the subsequent screen, there's a 'Base Administration - N1 of N2 groups supported' line.

if N1 is <= N2, you're golden. if N1 > N2, the base is overloaded, send a sqn back to Noumea, or place it on 100% training. training groups put a smaller load on the base capacity.

250 av-support can't be beat, look thru your BFs there. if you've got a BF whose removal won't reduce Lunga's av-support below 250, consider it available to be moved to another base, if you don't need its ground/nav support at Lunga.

(in reply to jakla1027)
Post #: 6
RE: Airfield Administration Level: How is it determine... - 5/28/2012 6:20:09 AM   
jakla1027

So i believe im good then if im reading this right... conformation would be great

Sorry for s uch a large screen shot, just posted it on the fly....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by jakla1027 -- 5/28/2012 6:21:37 AM >

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 7
RE: Airfield Administration Level: How is it determine... - 5/28/2012 7:39:08 AM   
jmalter

hi jakla,

your screenshot size is ok in my browser.

coupla' notes:
- this base is in fine shape, if you keep it supplied.
- the base admin (7 operational of 13 allowed) shows 7 instead of 12 because:
--any number of amphib groups at a base count as 1 group, &
--any number of groups at 100% Training usually count as 1 group.
--so even if you put all 12 units on combat ops, you won't exceed the base capacity.
- but you've got 3 groups w/ low morale, they should all go to 100% Training at 0 range, ASAP.
--but the F sqn w/ 18 fatigue needs a turn or 2 at 50 Training, 50 Rest. (reduce fatigue w/ Rest, then use training at 0 range to improve morale as you gain skills for your pilots. also, give a look at the sqn commanders. if you decide to spend PP to make a change, choose a new leader w/ improved Inspiration, w/ Leadership & Air values as 2ndary criteria.

overall, your base here looks like it's in fine shape, it looks like you're not under active assault. but lots of these groups have Experience <60, they need to improve. the 4 fighter groups you've got Training, if you put them on 30CAP/70Train, they'll gain some Exp. as well as Air/Def skill. mebbe you have a few higher-skill fighter pilots in reserve that you could swap into these groups?

(in reply to jakla1027)
Post #: 8
RE: Airfield Administration Level: How is it determine... - 5/28/2012 10:37:44 AM   
Chris H

General tip.  Set pilot replacements to manual.  The game has a tendancy to add many more pilots than necessary.  This often reduces your stack of the more exp pilot reserves which you might need for those more important locations.

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 9
RE: Airfield Administration Level: How is it determine... - 5/28/2012 3:31:22 PM   
crsutton

And if you exceed base administration then the type in the upper right is highlighted in red. Easy to tell now.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Airfield Administration Level: How is it determined and what effect does it have? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI