1. I allways build 1 fortification near leningrad, to fortify the Ladoga-Leningrad line. Expensive 16 AP, but it's necessary.
2. Try to slow the german operation around Pskov. 3 strong (4+ CV) other soviet soviet unit can avoit the early river cross (you need reinforcement from south-center to do that).
3. Fortify the swamps, and forest hexes with 3 unit stack. Useing the hedgehog defense will real slow the german, even if those troops will be encircled.
4. Build the luga line with units from south, or center on T02.
5. The german can HQ build his units after T04, so allways defend deep.
1. Defend the Dnyepr river. Use the 7-10 CV tank units from the south front, particularly on the bulge of the river. The german can't cross the river on T02-04.
2. After T04 retreat from the river, if the german don't cross it, because he will have enough MP to encircle you, and the german infantry can support the attack.
3. In maintime build a chess board around Moscov.
4. Moscow is the front what you can defend well, so send here most of your reinforcements.
5. The german rail line will be close after T06-T07 (around Smolensk), so be carefull with the german mobility.
1. Retreat to the river
2. Leave Kiev empty, because you need the Bryansk front, and his 125 AP
3. Evacuate the industry. On T02-T07 you can evacuate most of the inustrial capacity except the Stalino area.
4. Send half of your forces (the better half) to the other fronts.
5. Use the chess board defense strategy.
1. Never run back more then 4-5 hex. When you retreat, you must retrteat from the german infatry, and force the german motorized units to fight with you. The hasty attack is risky, but the deliberate attack need 15 MP, so allow the germans to fight with you.
2. Rail 2-3 cavalry unit, and use them to cut the german lines.
3. Try to send expendable units near the german motorized forces. The german can't refit his units near enemy.
4. Hit motorized units, if they stand alone in clear region, and you have chance to do it.
5. Don't spend your AP for fortification, of unit build. Use the AP for better leaders, and sapper units to the HQ.
6. Concentrate your air forces in one or two front. The fighter intercept must be 300%. Upgrade the air forces, after T05. In maintime send them to the reserve.