Matrix Games Forums

Ageod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Captured resources

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Captured resources Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Captured resources - 5/23/2012 1:26:33 AM   
cplprice

quote:

»» Captured Manpower Centers are divided by 10. For example, if you
capture an 30 point enemy Manpower Center, it will be worth 3 to you.

When you capture a manpower resource center and it is reduced by being divided by 10, does it ever repair and regain it's pre-capture level? Same-same with industry if it's captured and reduced, then you re-capture it, does it repair over time?
Post #: 1
RE: Captured resources - 5/23/2012 2:38:49 AM   
Alfred

Damaged and destroyed industrial centres are handled quite differently.

1. Damaged industrial centre.

(a) Both the Japanese and Allied player can repair a damaged industrial centre.
(b) To initiate the repair the base needs to have a bond of 10k supplies stockpiled plus 1k supplies expended per single damaged industrial centre to be repaired daily.
(c) Each industrial facility at the base can only have a single centre repaired daily.

Hence if you have a base with 8 Resource centres damaged and 13 Light Industry centres damaged you need 12k supplies present for 8 days, and 11k supplies present for a further 5 days afterwards to fully repair both industrial facilities. The total supply expenditure cost would be 21k.

2. Destroyed industrial centre.

(a) Only the Japanese player can build additional industrial centres. The Allied player never can.
(b) As per s.13.3.2 of the manual, the only industrial facilities which can be built are:

• aircraft
  • engine
  • vehicle
  • armament
  • heavy industry
  • shipyards (naval, merchant, repair)

NB: This part of the manual is a carry over from classical WITP which IIRC did not have Light Industry hence why it it is omitted.

(c) The cost of the expansion, paid per additional industrial centre, is:

• 10 manpower
  • 10 heavy industry
  • 100 supply

As the OP appears to be from an Allied perspective, the short answer is no. However manpower centres is not a consideration for an Allied player. Destroyed on map Allied aircraft factories and heavy industry is a problem for the Allied player however as he can never build new centres.

Alfred

(in reply to cplprice)
Post #: 2
RE: Captured resources - 5/23/2012 2:40:08 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: cplprice

quote:

»» Captured Manpower Centers are divided by 10. For example, if you
capture an 30 point enemy Manpower Center, it will be worth 3 to you.

When you capture a manpower resource center and it is reduced by being divided by 10, does it ever repair and regain it's pre-capture level?

No - Manpower, Res, Oil can not be expanded back to pre-existing levels. Other Industry can be. Repairs are to damaged facilities, not reduced (shrunken) facilities. Repairs need 10K at base and 1K per point repair.
quote:

Same-same with industry if it's captured and reduced, then you re-capture it, does it repair over time?

No, it is reduced and would need to be expanded again using manpower, supply and HI points. (I am talking about industry NOT raw material centres)

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to cplprice)
Post #: 3
RE: Captured resources - 5/23/2012 11:40:13 PM   
cplprice

Thank both of you gentlemen for the info, it answers my question.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Captured resources Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI