3v3[Rematch in progress]

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

Meanfcker

3v3[Rematch in progress]

Post by Meanfcker »

Hi guys,
We are interested in getting an XX-large 3v3 match going.
With summer approaching and with the difficulties of finding 3 suitable opponents, it might take weeks to get started.
This will be a very long and gruelling match. Serious and experienced players only please.
Our team will be electing one of our members to be the Supreme Commander, and he decides strategy, and chooses operations for the Sub Commanders. It is strongly advised that our opponents do the same or they will suffer from unco-ordinated operations.
Our team will be, Meanfcker, DanF, and Shadehawk.
We hope to attract some good players to this, maybe Kraftwerk, All5n, Sailing guy, Webizen, Lazyboy?
If any of you guys want to try and get mates together for this, it promises to be so much fun, they will probably make it illegal! :-)
This will be true strategic and operational warfare. Good experience for all.
Paul.
Tac2i

RE: 3v3[Recruiting]

Post by Tac2i »

I'm in if All5n is. I'd also suggest Jeff Reid and Jay Doubleyou as potential players.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Count me in
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Krafty

Post by Krafty »

Id surely participate, sounds like fun :)
Jay Doubleyou

Post by Jay Doubleyou »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

I'm in if All5n is. I'd also suggest Jeff Reid and Jay Doubleyou as potential players.

Hi Roy, I don't participate in new random games anymore. No fun anymore and usually terribly slow pace.
I only play 1 on 1 historical scenario's.
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

Ironduke, I surely do not mean to offend, but I think you might be a little raw for this. All of the players already committed and considering are very experienced and it would not be fair to our opponents to saddle them with a relatively new player.

Roy, if you can talk Allan in, we could do Kraft, Weziben and All5n verses Meanfcker, DanF and Shadehawk.

With summer here and everyone having fun in the sun on their minds, we can get started in the next week or two, and just be patient while we get it rolling through the vacation season.
This will be a long term back burner kind of project anyway. I guess one turn every one to two weeks during the summer. There will be approximately 24 cities each to start with. This size will allow for very large mechanized operations.

Cheers,
Paul
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

holy bass ackwards, sorry about the mis spell Webizen
hatemf90

Post by hatemf90 »

ORIGINAL: Meanfcker

Ironduke, I surely do not mean to offend, but I think you might be a little raw for this. All of the players already committed and considering are very experienced and it would not be fair to our opponents to saddle them with a relatively new player.
I was just about to say count me in , then I read this... lol
It's hateM not hate, I dont hate any one.
Krafty

Post by Krafty »

Wezibezna! Wait what? lol
jreid

Post by jreid »

ORIGINAL: Webizen

Sure, I'll play if there is still room.
Meanfcker

RE: 3v3[Pending...]

Post by Meanfcker »

Ok, it looks like the teams are Webizen, All5n and Kraftwerk, verses Meanfcker, DanF, and Shadehawk.
For everyone else who is interested, why not form a team and play the winner.
All of you guys who are playing, please email me (pas.x@hotmail.com) so I can get all of your emails, and I will set up dropbox and invite to share.
You guys may wish to tell me who your Supremo will be, only so I can make sure he goes first for your team (for strategic consideration).
We could probably be starting within a week. You guys may also vote on whether or not to include PBEM protection. It is nice to be able to save if we are all men of honor, but I don't care which way we run it.
Paul
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Suggestion: this is going to be a long and arduous game. Let each player select a sidekick with whom he will share his game password. This sidekick can follow along by opening previously played turns and be ready to step in if the primary player goes on vacation or otherwise needs to take a break. One isn't required to have a sidekick but can if he so chooses. What do you think?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

An excellent suggestion.
Ironduke, check with your buddies, you might get one going with Jeff Reid and his mates.
If there are 6 other guys interested, you could try to get another game running concurrently.
Krafty

Post by Krafty »

Ill take Ironduke as my side kick if no one minds, ive played a few games with him and he knows my play style, he'd be able to hop in and see what I was attempting to do.
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

I have no objections. Kraft, could you email me please?
As soon as you email me, I will set up dropbox and get it rolling.
Webizen does not wish to be Supremo for your team. It is up to you or All5n.
Krafty

Post by Krafty »

Ill take Supremo if All5n has no objections. Are we using some sort of custom map to facilitate this? I envision being in command of a single city, in permanent alliance with my teammates, while they have larger areas with multiple cities that surround me preventing my expansion, but im considered "in charge" of generalized strategy, while say maintaining an HQ and maybe some flak guns (pew pew!) and possibly in charge of strategic transferring?

Theres a ton of ways this could work, curious how you guys are figuring this works.
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

We will be running like this, Supremo is just like the other guys. He goes first. He is resposible for co-ordinating the three armies toward common objectives. Generally, Supremo will visualize the grand strategy and using terrain features and railroads, determine where the main shwerpunkt will be directed.
As soon as this is done, he directs sub commanders toward the objectives. Operational planning should be discussed on a turn by turn basis with sub commanders. Sub commanders should accept the larger view of Supremo and customize thier production to suit operational requirements. Supremo should try to never overmanage and give tactical orders, tactics will be at the sole discretion of the sub commanders.
Supremo is responsible for Identifying enemy shwerpunkt and containing it with operation level orders to sub commanders.
This is how we generally run allied armies.
Supremo can take screenshots and annotate in paint and mail to subs with operational concepts marked on them.
We will get it started probably next weekend.
We usually run allied games where all of the guys on one team go, and then all of the guys on the other.
Any objections to that?
And could you guys please vote on whether or not to include PBEM protection?
Cheers,
Paul
Krafty

Post by Krafty »

I like to keep it on, but with xxlarge maps, it can take hours sometimes to do turns. I trust you guys, and will vote for protection off.

As to the specifics of the map, are we going to be using a 1 city start, or prebuilt nations? Are we going to be randomly scattered around the map, or is it an east vs west sort of thing?
Meanfcker

Post by Meanfcker »

Full nations, no shroud. I will be generating and I will endeavor to try to align East, West or North, South and to be as fair as possible in the initial layout. While i like winning, I love playing even more. I want this to be as equal as possible at the start. I will use mirrorish, so if someone gets a bad deal with an occasional city, oh well and it should balance out. Also, the game will likey be won or lost by the Supremo's decisions, so sub commanders really must strive to fullfill his wishes or every effort might well be wasted. Supremo should share grand vision and all allied operations with every player, every turn, allowing for enemy action and changes to the plan.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

PBEM protection off is ok with me. If off is what we agree to use, another way to organize the game is as follows:

1) game is setup up as 1vs1
2) there are 3 players per side.
3) El Supremo is the Command in Chief (player 1) and controls the capital and all cities. He is the only one that can build factories and ports. He controls the Navy, if there is one, and strategic bombers and any fighters assigned to protect them. He gives orders to his Front Commanders (players 2 and 3) and they try to carry them out operationally/tactically. CinC may control an army if required. The CinC of both sides is always the first player for this team. The CinC determines the order in which his two Front commanders move on a per turn basis.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Opponents Wanted”