Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working? - 5/20/2012 10:04:34 PM   
Bebop Cola

I have my empire policy set to never use super lasers to destroy enemy colonies. I then equipped my capital ships with super lasers with the intent of using them to take out tough bases and capital ships.

My first opportunity to test, however, resulted in a blown up planet that I think had a mining base on it, though it might have been a colony moon. My fleet was set to automated attack orders against an enemy empire. The last order given was to attack a mining base in the same system, but this was less than a minute before I flipped over to check on them to see an exploding planet.

Unfortunately, my game barfed from a memory leak shortly thereafter, so I don't have a recent save. That said, I imagine it could have been one of the following scenarios:

1. The empire policy only applies to the actual Planet Destroyer ships, not just the super laser.
2. The empire policy only applies to actual colonies, not planets/moons with bases on them.
3. The empire policy works, but in the process of blowing up a mining base with a super laser the planet it's on is also destroyed simply as collateral damage.

Needless to say, my empire took a reputation hit from admired to dubious. I was actually somewhat amused and inclined to keep the game going, dismissing the admiral for criminal negligence, suing for peace with the empire I had just wronged, and immediately redesigning my capital ships. Alas, I can't justify intentionally wasting a planet when I pick it back of from an earlier auto-save just to replicate the scenario.
Post #: 1
RE: 1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working? - 6/12/2012 1:57:02 PM   
Fishman

Wait, what? You can get Super Lazors? Not just the regular Death Ray? Where do THOSE come from? Because I could sure go for a new, improved Death Star. The default designs are a joke. How the hell do you even *USE* the 50 cargo bays, and why on Earth would I want to a Death Star Cargo Shuttle?

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working? - 6/12/2012 4:29:26 PM   
Bebop Cola

Seems to be an unmarked tier 8 weapon technology. I believe it requires following the RotS storyline and might require max tech before you complete it. Not entirely sure on that last bit.

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working? - 6/12/2012 5:29:16 PM   
Fishman

I've done that before. Maxed tech tree, searched all ruins and found the superweapon ruins, seen the Shaktur arrive. There's more?

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working? - 6/12/2012 6:24:42 PM   
Bebop Cola

Have you followed the storyline discoveries? Should be initiated by finding one of the ruins and loads a story screen, then points you at the next discovery(might take another ruin or ship discovery to move along). You follow that trail to discover a series of bases. Have you found all of those?

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working? - 7/13/2012 2:24:29 AM   
elliotg

This empire policy only applies to Planet Destroyer ships used outside of fleets. If you equip your standard Capital Ships with planet-destroying Super Laser components, then this may happen :)

In this case though, if the capital ships are not part of a fleet then they probably will not attempt to destroy planets.

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working? - 7/13/2012 6:03:14 AM   
Bebop Cola

Ha! Amusing. :-)

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.14 - Super Laser empire policy not working? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI