Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Finland and the new Soviet AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Finland and the new Soviet AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Finland and the new Soviet AI - 5/20/2012 6:27:07 PM   
carlkay58

Everytime they release a new version of WitE that has major changes to the core rules, I run a series of test games of AI vs AI to determine the level of Axis base numbers to duplicate my achieving an Axis Decisive Victory in November, 1943. This then becomes the threshold that I use for the Axis as I try to learn how to play the Soviets better.

I have run four test games with the latest patch, and in two of the games (50% so far) Finland ends up surrendering in March or April 1942. The Soviet AI sends the Leningrad Front, an Army HQ, and one division into Hango and captures one or two Finnish towns and then waits for the Finnish surrender roll to go in their favor. Once Finland surrenders, the Soviets have a much easier time of it. Now note that in the Axis AI does not take Leningrad until the spring or summer of 1942 instead of 1941 like most human players and that is key to the Soviet knockout of Finland in this manner.

I just find this result pretty interesting, and since it has happened multiple times now, it seems that this is something to watch out for as the Axis player vs the Soviet AI and possibly should require the Axis AI for Finland to capture Hango so that this will not happen against a Human Soviet player.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Finland and the new Soviet AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI