Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Request for combat resolution presentation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Request for combat resolution presentation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Request for combat resolution presentation - 5/20/2012 5:14:55 PM   
sandman2575

Vic, are you giving any thought to improving the 'combat resolution' presentation? I see from the screenshots it looks identical to DC Warsaw to Paris. (Would love to see this improved for Warsaw to Paris as well!)

I can't be the only one who finds it *very* hard to make out the numbers/hash markers indicating #of units involved and those destroyed. For destroyed, the red against dark gray background is just needlessly hard to read -- and they're just too small. At the very least, could you make these numbers larger (or provide an option to make them larger -- and i mean like 2X larger!). It would also be cool if the names (or abbreviations) of the units could appear underneath the silhouettes -- it can be hard to tell the difference between the Pz1 vs. Pz2 silhouettes, for example. Or perhaps, give a mouse-over tooltip to display unit type.

I have almost no complaints about DC -- one of my favorite strategy titles by far -- but this is one of them. It would just improve the experience a lot to be able to read everything on the combat resolution screen more easily. I know space is a consideration for cramming a lot of units into a small space, but there just has to be a better way to make the combat results presentation more readable.

< Message edited by sandman2575 -- 5/20/2012 5:17:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Request for combat resolution presentation - 5/29/2012 2:32:43 PM   
rjh1971

I do agree, an improvement in combat reports would be great new. I even like better combat reports in ATG.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Request for combat resolution presentation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI