Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Memory leak?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Memory leak? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Memory leak? - 5/20/2012 6:48:21 AM   
Bebop Cola

Seems to be what I assume is a memory leak of some sort in 1.7.0.14. I can load it up and play it just fine for the most part, but the longer the game runs the more likely it crashes with an insufficient memory error.

I didn't run into this problem on 1.7.0.6, so I don't think it's my system(Win 7, 4GB mem). All told, it takes an hour or two for it to bomb, but usually I don't find out until I try to save or load a game. If saving, it corrupts the savegame. If loading, it just bombs out. Seems to happen more quickly if I re-load games more often.

Periodically shutting down the application and restarting seems to help avoid these errors. I've currently got my auto-save set to 10 minutes and alternate manual saves between two save files. that way if one gets corrupt I have a couple options to fall back on to avoid losing too much progress.
Post #: 1
RE: Memory leak? - 5/20/2012 2:32:02 PM   
Dracus

the game does have a memory leak and has had one for a while. the only work around is to shut down every few hours and relaunch. But the start up time can be a pain.

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 2
RE: Memory leak? - 5/21/2012 5:41:28 AM   
MartialDoctor

Yeah, I was going to post the same. 1.7.0.14 seems to have a pretty bad memory leak. The last time I played Legends (can't recall the version), it wasn't as bad as it is currently.

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 3
RE: Memory leak? - 5/22/2012 2:19:34 AM   
Bebop Cola

I wonder if it might be related to music in some way. Since I upgraded to 1.7.0.14 my music is somewhat spotty. Usually I see a problem with music right around the time I get a memory error.

Might be coincidence, but I figured I'd mention it.

(in reply to MartialDoctor)
Post #: 4
RE: Memory leak? - 5/22/2012 6:07:22 AM   
Bebop Cola

So, I turned the music all the way down(presumably turning it off) and I didn't have any memory issues this evening. Very limited test, granted, but considering it was fairly well guaranteed to crash before it seems like something to report.

Edit: Strike that. Seems to have just delayed it a bit.

< Message edited by Bebop Cola -- 5/22/2012 11:46:33 AM >

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 5
RE: Memory leak? - 5/22/2012 5:21:56 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bebop Cola

So, I turned the music all the way down(presumably turning it off) and I didn't have any memory issues this evening. Very limited test, granted, but considering it was fairly well guaranteed to crash before it seems like something to report.

Edit: Strike that. Seems to have just delayed it a bit.

Just curious BeBop, what is your sound card brand and is it integrated or not? Also, what is
the date of your latest video and sound drivers?

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 6
RE: Memory leak? - 5/22/2012 10:27:44 PM   
Bebop Cola

I play on a laptop, so audio is integrated. System and drivers are kept up to date, however.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Memory leak? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI