Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AAR - 5/22/2012 4:27:56 AM   
**budd**

It's over
got the last VP at 1400, the rest was mop up. Fun scenario, victory wasn't in doubt, but the level of victory was. I do have some questions for anybody that knows.
1. Is it even at all advantages to target arty on a unit if you get no numbers in the right column?
2. does anything reduce fort level except the unit moving,arty?
3.How does a unit that is surrounded and has been surrounded for many phases and has exchanged fire with units come up as hidden target when targeted by arty?
4.does anyone else have the game hang for a few moments during direct fire resolution and it jumps right too the next phase without showing the result box?

The only thing left to do is too pick the next scenario..

Attachment (1)

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 31
RE: AAR - 5/22/2012 5:26:03 AM   
Joe 98

Nice AAR!

1. Is it even at all advantages to target arty on a unit if you get no numbers in the right column?

There is a very tiny chance the enemy unit will take a Quality Check. If it fails the QC it might gain Disruption or even take a hit!
The chances of this are very tiny while you are giving away the position of your artillery and it could become a victim of counter-battery fire

2. Does anything reduce fort level except the unit moving, arty?

I don’t think so. My experience is that if a unit is in a fort and is hit by artillery or by a ground attack, the fort status makes it more difficult to damage the unit. As the unit takes more and more damage it becomes disrupted then becomes easier to damage the unit. The fort status does not seem to change till the unit changes it’s posture.

3. How does a unit that is surrounded and has been surrounded for many phases and has exchanged fire with units come up as hidden target when targeted by arty?

I too have noticed this. It is possible that 1Regt were the attacking ground units that could see the enemy but the artillery was from 2Regt

4.does anyone else have the game hang for a few moments during direct fire resolution and it jumps right too the next phase without showing the result box?

Yes. It’s the same when watching a replay during a PBEM game. The developer said this is old software and this can’t be fixed.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 32
RE: AAR - 5/22/2012 5:46:26 AM   
**budd**

thx Joe

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 33
RE: AAR - 5/22/2012 12:52:18 PM   
PirateJock

Great AAR budd - really enjoyed reading it. Well thought out plan and execution.

I've played Troina quite a few times though never *properly*; it's a good one for testing game mechanics and seeing what happens. Think I might give it a go now though.

Can't add anything to Joe's answers apart from ...

I sometimes will use the arty on a D3 or D4 unit even if I've got no figures in the column. This should - note should - make it withdraw automatically as the unit has been subject to combat. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

With the one about a unit being hidden - have you had a look at Section 6.7 - Limited Intelligence - in the official Manual? Also do you mean it is hidden, i.e. not showing on the map, or is it showing as a Limited or Fog unit?

Cheers

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 34
RE: AAR - 5/22/2012 5:51:00 PM   
**budd**

What l mean by hidden is that is shows fully on map,but in the arty box it comes up as hidden Target and I get no odds in arty right hand column.

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 35
RE: AAR - 5/22/2012 6:19:54 PM   
PirateJock

Hi budd

I'll keep an eye open for that happening and let you know.

Cheers

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI