Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilots sent to group

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Pilots sent to group Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilots sent to group - 5/19/2012 5:16:03 PM   
Hanzberger

Ok my brain is a brick and I am trying to understand this a little better.
Does there need to be a certain % of ready pilots in the group before you can send some to group (and they will actually stay there)?

First turn, I figured I would fill in my pilot groups of my "training air groups". Turn 2, it is recalling (I believe) the same pilots from group. I sent them all on turn 1.
By sending all the pilots to group, it left the group with no pilots to "fly". So I am assuming that is the reason for the recall, however on almost all of those groups it is not giving me the option to add pilots. (?) The game has recalled some of the pilots back from group but not all. I would think that it would give me the option to then add pilots.

And please clarify, will pilots in group train? I didn't see this in my AI game but maybe I didn't give it enough time.
Thanks
Berger
Just started my very first PBEM after 6 yrs of toying with this "monster" game.

Japan AC wire chart here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?
Post #: 1
RE: Pilots sent to group - 5/21/2012 3:49:06 AM   
rms1pa

if your brain is a brick, mine is gravel.

pilots sent to group reserve are still in the squadron. just down to rest. if you call for more pilots, group reserve will be made active before drawing pilots from the pools.

rms/pa

there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilots sent to group - 5/21/2012 1:11:32 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Pilot training is a must do for any PBEM game so I'm glad you came and asked here.

Group reserve = at rest but in the pilot roster .. they will show as delay 1 day but will not actually be available in one day. you need to click the get pilots button and the listed pilots in brackets will diminish and be added to the squadron pilots flying. IF the button still allows you to pull pilots after the bracketed number has gone then any new pilots will come from the setting on the right of that button , e.g any/replacement/reserve/tracom.

Any is seeming random and avoid imo

replacement will draw in rookies , perfect for training groups

reserve will try to get better pilots from the pilot reserve -- frankly this is no longer needed with the patch add on for getting veteran pilots sorted by skill and then click grab x ... very easy and simple.

TRACOM -- the training command which eludes me as to its purpose .. gets more pilots to trained level so available in the replacement pull option , but I'd rather have the elite pilots up as either CO's of training groups or in combat formations.

Hope that helps and pls ask if you get confused bt anything ,, we are generally a helpful bunch.

TTFN

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to rms1pa)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilots sent to group - 5/21/2012 9:49:41 PM   
Hanzberger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Brennan UK

Pilot training is a must do for any PBEM game so I'm glad you came and asked here.

Group reserve = at rest but in the pilot roster .. they will show as delay 1 day but will not actually be available in one day. you need to click the get pilots button and the listed pilots in brackets will diminish and be added to the squadron pilots flying. IF the button still allows you to pull pilots after the bracketed number has gone then any new pilots will come from the setting on the right of that button , e.g any/replacement/reserve/tracom.

Any is seeming random and avoid imo

replacement will draw in rookies , perfect for training groups

reserve will try to get better pilots from the pilot reserve -- frankly this is no longer needed with the patch add on for getting veteran pilots sorted by skill and then click grab x ... very easy and simple.

TRACOM -- the training command which eludes me as to its purpose .. gets more pilots to trained level so available in the replacement pull option , but I'd rather have the elite pilots up as either CO's of training groups or in combat formations.

Hope that helps and pls ask if you get confused bt anything ,, we are generally a helpful bunch.

TTFN

I understand pilot training in general. I was just trying to max it out because as Japan you never have enough to go around. We are only a couple of turns in so I will see how it goes. Have you noticed any increase in experience with pilots that just sit in Group Reserve? That was my original goal.
As far as putting your elite pilots into groups I think someone did a test and it didn't increase the training rates. I could be wrong.
Another person said put 3 good pilots in with your trainees and in my own observation, didn't seem to make a difference. But again, I didn't do any concrete numbers.
I think Tracom works but you have to have loads of pilots in there for it to make a difference.
Oh well, back to micromanaging I suppose.

Japan AC wire chart here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Pilots sent to group Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI