Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

trying to fully understand support units..and failing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> trying to fully understand support units..and failing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
trying to fully understand support units..and failing - 5/19/2012 11:52:29 AM   
Jack Russell

Hi all

Im relitively new to the game, ive read the manual, played scenarios against the ai and pbem , ive looked through the forums and downloaded the best of wite threads document i am still marginally confused about a fundemental part of the game, that being support units, where they come from and how to manage them properly

ive started a campaign game against the ai and follwing advice from certain threads locked all HQ's supply paths innorder to manually allocate SUs' and not have the ai shift them around all over the place .

So far as i understand it, you can only allocate SU's from a HQ to either another corp HQ or a HQ further up the chain of command , so if my corp HQ has a pioneer unit it cannot give that SU to a division under its command, instead the division has to request to assign SU's from a pool of units like this : This is where my confusion starts. These support units come from where ? from a national pool of units that appear over time that i can allocate to divisions or HQ's as i see fit or are they coming from my HQ's own assignments im trying to reorginise all my stugs artillery pioneers etc but i cant quite make the logical connection . i am sure this will be very obvious when its explained ( hence why i cant find anything about it on the net ) but can someone please just give me a simple idiots guide.
many thanks.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: trying to fully understand support units..and faili... - 5/19/2012 11:57:28 AM   
Jack Russell

here is a screen shot of my corp hq, would the stug battalion and the pioneer and jagd panzer battalion be the same units as shown in my prievious post? if so does that mean i cannot allocate artillery battalions to divisions? or is it a cooincidence that this corp has some of the same units. im sure this is real simple and i am being an untemenschen about the whole thing

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Jack Russell)
Post #: 2
RE: trying to fully understand support units..and faili... - 5/19/2012 12:34:58 PM   
Balou

you start campaign/scenario with SUs already allocated – however unbalanced – to various HQs.

new SU will appear over time as reinforcements and will be assigned automatically to various HQ.

Exception: you have locked the HQ = no automatic assignement of new SUs, you have to do it manually, which may be time consuming, but at the same time it’s up to you who receives what.

you can assign e.g. pioneers, STUGs to a division.

you can not assign the various artillery Bns. Corps HQ will manage them in combat.

your first & second screen show the same SUs.

Post #: 3
RE: trying to fully understand support units..and faili... - 5/19/2012 1:02:37 PM   
Jack Russell

Excellent thanks for that, so to allocate a a SU to a division it must be available in its parent HQ ie corp HQ. i knew it was simple much appreciated.

(in reply to Balou)
Post #: 4
RE: trying to fully understand support units..and faili... - 5/19/2012 1:10:35 PM   
Balou

For further real good advices go to: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2925986

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> trying to fully understand support units..and failing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI