Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wanted - An Opponent!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Wanted - An Opponent! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wanted - An Opponent! - 5/18/2012 2:29:43 PM   
ny59giants

Since my new game vs DivePac (Des) came to an abrupt end due to his illness (fighting cancer), I will need to start a new PBEM game. I like the addition of stacking limitations found with mods based on the DaBabes, so I will be limiting myself to those found there.

My first choice is to play the Allies again using Reluctant Admiral 4.2 found here, but willing to remain with the 'dark side' if needed.

https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

My second choice will be playing Scenario 30 (based on stock Scenario 2) as either side, but using the modified version that is found on DaBabes website. It uses stacking limits and the extended map, but the OOB has been modified to conform to DaBabes.

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/4-baironbabes/daironbabes-b

Normal settings with the possibility of going to +/- 60 day reinforcements.
I can usually do at least a turn per day, but I work as a mobile crisis counselor for children. I have 4 x 12 hour shifts weekly, but the days change from week to week. I will be going back to the local university for another 12 hours of credit to enable me to get my LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) licensure starting next month, so they will take priority. Other than this, I get my turns out relatively quickly.
House Rules (HR) are negotiable.

quote:

House Rules

1. 1st turn can have multiple port attacks, but ONLY if carriers participate. Manila, Singapore, and Pearl may have Fighters up and on CAP (less than 40%). Allies cannot transfer new squadrons reflecting prior knowledge.

2. PPs to move out of national borders (Japan - Manchuria, Thai) and (Allies - India, China)

3. No strategic bombing (Oil, Resources, HI, LI, etc.) on EITHER side until July 1943

4. Manila subs can form TF based on a date/time stamp (use the last digit in a pre-determined e-mail which will be the one the Allies do there first orders). Since this may be the second port attack, the last digit in the time (hh:mm:ss) is used to determine how many subs can form TF (anywhere from 1-9 sub TF can be formed up).

5. Non-historic 1st turn, normal reinforcements, PDUs ON, orders for TF formed already OK, no transfers. China is active for both sides on Turn 1.

6. Aircraft Limitations (reflecting the RA Mod):
-No A6M3 on CVEs
-No A6M4 on any form of Carrier
-A7M Sam and B7A-D Grace cannot be operated from CVEs

7. Four-Engine Bombers:
a. 4E bombers restricted to 10k or higher for naval and ground attacks (does not include PBY/Mavis type patrol craft).
b. 4E bombers CANNOT bomb troops "IF" friendly units are in hex.

8. Single ship TF – The Allied player will not form them deliberately after January 42 due to the AI code often ignoring them and not sending out bombers to attack. Japan will be allowed to send out single ships.

9. Fighter Altitude Rules: Combat altitude from:
Dec 1941- May 1942 20,000
June 1942-Dec 1942 25,000
1943 30,000
1944--45 Whatever

10. Night Bombing must have 50% Moonlight through the end of 1943. Starting January 1, 1944 Night Bombing may occur in any condition. Japan will need at least 50% for the whole war.

11. Burma/NE India Monsoon Rules
Offensive operations in jungle and mountain hexes on the Burmese front should be stopped from May 15th to October 15th for the Monsoon Season, allowing R&R, unit rotations, and give both players on the front a much less bloody (and much more interesting) experience. This would mean:
1. No deliberate or shock attack in the jungle hexes in the designated area
2. Deliberate Attacks allowed in non-Jungle Terrain
3. Bombardment attacks are still allowed anywhere
4. Movement into friendly or empty hexes is still allowed
5. The number of aircraft allowed to fly from a base is reflected in its size x10 (Sz-5 mean 50% can fly. The others may rest/train.
6. No offensive carrier operations in the Gulf of Bengal against Burma (other naval ops, including bombardment, are still allowed). Striking either Bengal, Northern India or Malaya from carriers in the Gulf is still allowed, of course.

Hexes would be corresponding to everything above the "Thailand" label within Burmese and Thailandese borders + the few jungle hexes going 3 or 4 hexes into "India" (Kohima, Ledo, Imphal area)

< Message edited by ny59giants -- 5/18/2012 5:04:57 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Wanted - An Opponent! - 5/18/2012 6:43:05 PM   
John 3rd

Some one play him in RA please!

Member: Reluctant Admiral and Perfect War Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 2
RE: Wanted - An Opponent! - 5/18/2012 10:37:02 PM   
moore4807

Sure, If you are up to playing against a first time PBEM'r I'll give it a try... I'm also happy to play as Japanese.
I'm retired 9-1-1 Supervisor sooo, I understand about 12 hr shifts!

I was just about to start an AAR against the AI...but 4.2 came out. Maybe I can AAR this instead!

Jim

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 3
RE: Wanted - An Opponent! - 5/18/2012 11:50:17 PM   
ny59giants

I have received a few PMs and need to discuss them further. So as of now, I "think" I have found an opponent. The question will be which side do I want to play.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 4
RE: Wanted - An Opponent! - 5/19/2012 4:10:07 AM   
Admiral Mitscher

You found a player yet Giants, I am up to a reluctant admiral game as the Allies if you are still free.

Marc.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Wanted - An Opponent! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI