Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets Updated
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Saipan

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Saipan Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saipan - 5/18/2012 3:37:31 AM   
dohboy

Hello Everyone,

I have become a fan of this game, and also the very easy to use editor that came with it. I have created a Saipan scenario and wanted to share it here. It is mostly based off of the Saipan scenario found in SSG's original Battlefront Game System - with the Battalion size Units broken down into companies.

One problem with this game is that you cannot let the computer play itself, so I have not actually run through a scenario to the end...and this is a long scenario at 16 days. We'll have to see how it balances out, but the computer seems to handle the landings OK (as the US), and a human player can certainly land troops OK, though it can get a bit congested. Should be OK for play from both sides, may be more interesting as The US (the VPs are set up for the US side). Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Saipan - 5/18/2012 4:18:30 AM   
rosseau

Thank you. I remember that SSG scenario well

(in reply to dohboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Saipan - 5/19/2012 2:03:04 AM   
Joe 98

I too remember the SSG scenario!

At 16 days the scenario is about 160 turns long.

For a PBEM game probably 25 - 30 turns is enough.

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 3
RE: Saipan - 5/19/2012 5:22:23 AM   
dohboy

Yeah, Battlefront on C64 was the fist computer game I ever bought - along with Saipan,
I always seem to have a fondness for playing Crete scenarios wherever I find them

As I was putting the scenario together I realized that it was going to be a long one, but as an SP gamer, I figured I could hack through it over time. I suppose that with an OOB and map in place then several sub-scenarios could be created to simulate phases of the battle: initial landings, Japanese tank/banzai attacks, securing the south of the island...etc. I may do some more battles and keep that in mind for smaller time frames.

(in reply to Joe 98)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Saipan Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI