Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Substitute

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Substitute Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Substitute - 5/17/2012 5:57:43 PM   
hartwig.modrow

Gentlemen,

during the last few weeks I tried to put together a turn 1 as Japan player, but realized that I really do not have enough mid- to late-game experience as Allied player under my belt to feel ready to plan ahead for this phase of the game as Japan , which I believe is necessary in order to get one’s priorities right at the beginning of the game.

For this reason, this time I would like to put myself on the PBEM market as a replacement player in case you were playing a PBEM as Japan and lost your Allied opponent. I will take over in a difficult situation for the Allied as well, but don’t expect me to improve it, much less turn it around

Unfortunately, I am not one of the players who can guarantee a turn a day. Three per week would be a realistic rate that I should be able to provide normally (with some exceptions). To my experience, a different time zone helps; I am located in Germany (GMT+1).

If my time allows, I might start an AAR.

Game-style wise, I am quite adaptable. In general, I want to play a game which is fun for every participant, thus if problems show up one can discuss them and try to find a solution. I prefer not abusing the game engine, but if I notice that it is pushed by my opponent, I think I understand it well enough to push it as well. I do not know enough about the real War in the Pacific to guarantee that I play „historically“. House rules are negotiable.

I would prefer running a version that is equal to or newer than the last official patch. With respect to mods, I haven’t played any of them so far, but am willing to take a look. Both 1 day turns and 2 day turns are acceptable.

If you are interested, check with your former opponent whether he is willing to provide the Allied password (which can be reset) via pm to me and send me a pm yourself. I’ll have a look at the situation then and let you know how we can proceed. A short summary of events would be appreciated, but is not a must.

Thanks for your interest

Hartwig
Post #: 1
RE: Substitute - 5/20/2012 10:34:11 AM   
hartwig.modrow

Gentlemen,

a quick feedback on the current status of my offer - total number of requests so far is

ZERO. NIL. NADA.

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised, I had thought there are lots of players losing their PBEM partner.

Really no takers ?

Hartwig

(in reply to hartwig.modrow)
Post #: 2
RE: Substitute - 5/20/2012 11:51:53 AM   
Erkki

I believe that many playing the Japanese side have lost their opponents, but have already started a new PBEM and are unwilling for reason or another to play 2 simultaneous games. I am one of them - I do not want a second PBEM as it would be taking time from the first one, and I do not want to spend all of my free time with WitP:AE, as good as it is.

< Message edited by Erkki -- 5/20/2012 11:57:01 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: Substitute - 5/20/2012 12:37:54 PM   
hartwig.modrow

Erkki,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erkki

I believe that many playing the Japanese side have lost their opponents, but have already started a new PBEM and are unwilling for reason or another to play 2 simultaneous games. I am one of them - I do not want a second PBEM as it would be taking time from the first one, and I do not want to spend all of my free time with WitP:AE, as good as it is.

<advertisement mode on>: But wouldn't you like to profit from all the time you invested into your previous PBEM and benefit from your good gameplay in that one ? And come on, it's only three turns or so per week, that cannot possibly disbalance your life. And last not least - don't you need some input how things play out in mid and end game ? <advertisement mode off>

I guess you are right though

Hartwig

(in reply to Erkki)
Post #: 4
RE: Substitute - 5/21/2012 4:06:22 PM   
USS America

Hartwig, check out this thread from Barb: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3109107

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 5
RE: Substitute - 5/21/2012 5:15:39 PM   
Barb

Hi Hartwig
- If you can see yourself on the Japanese side driving the IJN, I am looking for the replacement for my partner in a 2v2 pbem.

barb

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 6
RE: Substitute - 5/21/2012 6:19:12 PM   
Miller

The fact you can only manage 3 turns a week would put many people off I'm afraid.

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 7
RE: Substitute - 5/21/2012 8:40:01 PM   
hartwig.modrow

Miller,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

The fact you can only manage 3 turns a week would put many people off I'm afraid.

thanks for the hint. You may very well be correct, but my impromptu riposte would be that it may be better to continue a game at slow pace (and optionally start another one in parallel)than running the first 8 months yet another time at quick pace and then have a dying game all over again.

In fact, the actual turn rate that I can reach is a function of many parameters. If I find a turn every morning in my inbox, I can process it on most days, but I do not want to feel obliged to do so every day. More than one turn a day is virtually impossible for me.

Naturally, this is also a function of the assets I control. If I have only the West Coast left to defend, I'll be quicker . But if I take over someone else's game, potentially even in not so good a shape, it is more than likely that I need to do a lot of reorganization for a considerable amount of time.

Summing up, at least without additional info I don't think I should promise more than I did.

Hartwig

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 8
RE: Substitute - 5/21/2012 8:41:10 PM   
hartwig.modrow

Barb,
quote:

ORIGINAL: Barb

Hi Hartwig
- If you can see yourself on the Japanese side driving the IJN, I am looking for the replacement for my partner in a 2v2 pbem.

barb

I'll need more info. Will send a pm.

Hartwig

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Substitute Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI